Circus Maximus: Live in Japan

What gig/festival are they playing at here? Look at that crowd! Kinda makes the prog/metal fanbase in the USA look pretty piss poor.

Oh yeah....that Circus Maximus band is pretty darned good too.

From the YouTube details:
Courtesy of LOUD PARK 12 & Creativeman Productions
Filmed and edited by WOWOW
LOUD PARK 12 at Saitama Super Arena, Japan, on Oct 27th 2012
Audio mix by Sven Erik Nordset

a class, professional band! I remember the first time Glenn named them to Progpower to open up one night...I was like who the hell is this band, after hearing their debut album once it came out, I couldn't wait. They haven't disappointed yet

Killer band. The new album is amazing! As in previous PPUSA performances, they should not disappoint. Sad to say that I will miss them this time around.

Sounds great!!! Would love to have own a dvd by then.... I'm probably one of the few that just can't get into the newest release by Circus Maximus....I think it's because I was so spoiled by their first 2 amazing CDs..... It's more of a musical taste thing though, not bashing the band at all...It's just too light(almost bordering on hard rock) for my tastes...

With that said, the band has an amazing amount of talent which is why I'm hoping they go back to the musical wizardry that captured my attention before....

Great clip.

Oh, and Dusty V; I kind of agree with you. I love especially Isolate, but haven't really got into Nine. The longer songs on it are nice, but the shorter songs in between haven't made that much of an impression on me.

Would still love to see them live.

Great clip.

Oh, and Dusty V; I kind of agree with you. I love especially Isolate, but haven't really got into Nine. The longer songs on it are nice, but the shorter songs in between haven't made that much of an impression on me.

Would still love to see them live.

Yea, Nine has a few too many songs that have a poppish regular vibe to them, and while that's fine for other bands, I expect so much more from a band as talented as Circus Maximus.....But hopefully they will sneak in a bit more prog metal on their next cd...

Wooot that rocked, great crowd!!! Great performance. Yep need a DVD pronto!!!! I cannot wait for September, Epicness I tell you!!!!!!

Bear

Yea, Nine has a few too many songs that have a poppish regular vibe to them, and while that's fine for other bands, I expect so much more from a band as talented as Circus Maximus.....But hopefully they will sneak in a bit more prog metal on their next cd...

Yep, have to agree as well. “The First Chapter” kicked my ass right out of the gate. “Isolate” took a few listens to grow on me, but it eventually did. I’m still trying to get there with “Nine”. The musicianship is obviously stellar, but as others have said, the songs are a little “poppy” for my taste.

Still, though, CM is one of the bands I'm most looking forward to seeing in September, as they do NOT disappoint in a live setting! :kickass:

Yep, have to agree as well. “The First Chapter” kicked my ass right out of the gate. “Isolate” took a few listens to grow on me, but it eventually did. I’m still trying to get there with “Nine”. The musicianship is obviously stellar, but as others have said, the songs are a little “poppy” for my taste.

It is funny, I have used Nine to introduce many people to the band and to a person they are almost all the exact opposite. They love Nine, appreciate Isolate, can't really get into the first album. I would put myself into that category too, though I think I would describe most of these people as prog fans first and foremost and much less into power metal.

I am floored by the performance and production of that video. It's great to see them in a live setting. I remember receiving a demo from Truls waaaaay back in like 2002 or so and being so impressed. There was a tune on that four song demo that never made it to the debut album that I thought was the best they wrote. Damn if I can't rememeber the name of it. Then they sort of lost me on Isolate and they sort of regained me on Nine, but with hesitation. No doubt signing with Frontiers had an influence on their sound, but it's all top notch regardless. Put first CHapter and Nine on random shuffle and there's not as much difference in style as you'd think. I concur with everyone, this band needs a live DVD big time.

We will rig one up in the Center Stage lobby for those that get out of the chair and attend....

Ok, I am going to be looking for this like button now, we bought our tickets and plane tickets today :D. Would have done it sooner, but I had a big tenure decision at work I had to wait for before committing money for a vacation.