Comics Thread #2

Keenan

Crippling Self Doubt
Apr 9, 2009
Florida
Since the first one was lost to the moderately endless abyss knowns as our forums, I figured a second issue of the comics thread was in order. (See what I did there? :p ) For use as a comics thread, comic movies thread, comic TV Show thread (AKA Walking Dead :lol: ) etc.

Also, inb4spideroutoffuckingnowhere

The main reason I started this thread, was due to my absolute elation that the new Punisher series, is god damn amazing. Dave, remember a year or so ago when I posted something about Punisher being a Frankenstein-like monster? All that stupid crap is gone. I read the issue earlier and was blown away. Frank uses his actions to speak for themselves. He did not utter a single word throughout the whole book, and it was made more powerful due to it.

Small preview (Frank is absent in the preview though :( )
http://marvel.com/news/story/16079/first_look_the_punisher_1

Reason number two, INVINCIBLE.
I'm really hoping this link works, because my PS3 won't let my access it, but it should hopefully be a preview for the Invincible Compendium. Issues #1-48 in paperback form. 1000+ pages. Now, I have all the Ultimate Collection hardcovers, and I doubt that this will top that dut to the lack of the extras section, but I'll still buy it when it's released on Amazon in a few weeks. Quick story summary - Teenage kid with superhero dad gets powers, becomes a superhero, and then the greatest plot twists I have ever seen sends the book into a totally different direction, and it keeps getting better. #81 is the newest one, came out two weeks ago I think, and I have yet to be disappointed by this series. EVER.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=9390

Thoughts, comments? Anyone?

Like.... Judge Dredd?

I finished Vol. 13 of The Walking Dead earlier. DAMN. Glenn is still my favorite character. :p

Does nobody else wish to comment in my thread? :lol:

YES!

As you can tell by my signature, I love Spawn. By "Origin Collections", did you mean the skinny paperbacks, or the 12 issue hardcover ones? Also, it may be worth checking out the older (but twice as large) Spawn Collection books. Six volumes, most of which are expensive, but they all have like 20 issues each.

The skinny paperbacks.
I'm currently looking for some post-apocalyptic comics/graphic novels, any suggestions? I only know of The Walking Dead, but I'm looking for post nuclear war or something like that.

The skinny paperbacks.
I'm currently looking for some post-apocalyptic comics/graphic novels, any suggestions? I only know of The Walking Dead, but I'm looking for post nuclear war or something like that.

See if you can Amazon the bigger Spawn Collection books. Each one (after Vol. 1, which is 12) has 20 issues each.

As for a recommendation, would Irredeemable count? It's post "Superman-typer hero going absolutely berserk and fucking up EVERYTHING". That close to nuclear? :lol:

Picked up the Invincible Compendium a few weeks ago. Working my way through reading the whole series again. This book is like the best thing ever. Seriously.

Speaking of things that are awesome, MORNING GLORIES. The covers may make you think that it's some young adult Harry Potter rip-off, but it's definitely not. Completely captivating stuff. Same with Daytripper, which I'm working my way through now. Really wish Bras didn't have to die every issue, but maybe that was the point? I'm not sure.

EDIT : Finished Daytripper. Completely blown away. Everyone buy it. :lol:
Picked up the first hardcover volume of Y, The Last Man. I'll let you guys know if it's any good (as if anyone would care :lol: :erk: )

Just finished Batman Arkham Asylum, and LOVED it, so in preperation of Arkham City, I read the Arkham City comics. I'm extremely excited about the game now.

I read the new Detective Comics #1 and thought it was cool. Batman vs. Joker is never a disappointment. The end was.... Nasty though. :ill:

Also, Y, The Last Man is now one of my favorite books. Volume one was so damn awesome! Totally buying volume two Friday.

In the back of Invincible #82, my fan letter made the letters column. :lol: :D

Just realized the new Batman #1 comes out today/came yesterday. I'm really interested in getting my hands on this one, since Greg Capullo did the pencils.

Ryan Ottley, artist on Invincible is my personal favorite. He's just so god damn awesome! Jim Lee is amazing too, Justice League #1 was expertly drawn.