Comics!

Yep, I loved it. I've met JMS and even got a hell of a compliment from him in the letters page of another comic series he wrote called Sidekick.
J M S is actually a good superhero writer

Everyone élse just sucks at writing superheroes

When people refer to Chris Claremont as the greatest writer of superhero comics, it's always people referring to Claremont's run on the X-men comic (frequently by people who have actually forgotten that Claremont has written non-x-men superhero comics) but as good as Claremont's writing actually was in the X-men comic, a huge amount of what made Claremont's run seem so completely totally awesome was the fact that everyone else totally sucked at writing X-men comics (cyclops' family tree, Jean grey's clone, Jean grey coming back from the dead more times than anyone else in superhero comics, the x-men doing cross-overs with non-mutant super-powered people)

also
The reason I loved the watchmen movie so fucking much was because of all the differences between the movie and the comic
What I saw here was
Alan Moore made mistakes and Zack Snyder fixed them
(Example, in the comic it appears as if Dan has his dick inside Laurie at the moment Rorschach dies, which was already freaking me the fuck out way the fuck before anyone at all ever said the phrase "watchmen movie", but then in the movie, Dan actually watches Rorschach die and his response to it was beautifully filmed)

I just finished the science fiction hardcover graphic novel Sapiens Imperium and I found it to be superb. Not only did it have me hooked from start to finish, it made me eager for the writer and artist to produce another volume in the story as soon as humanly possible. You can check out what I had to say about it via my Goodreads.com review link.

61337902.jpg

A couple of friends of mine from my local comic shop went to Fan Expo Boston this weekend. I wasn't able to go but they thought of me and got me a copy of New Mutants #1 and had it signed by show guest (and the book's co-creator/artist) Bob McLeod.

AAAA1st87.jpeg

I give out comics along with candy on Halloween so I pre-order a bunch of books for Free Comic Book Day so I have all sorts to give out to the various age groups that come to my door.

Here's a look at the haul.

AAAA1st84.jpg