computer games

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
Heroes of the Might & Magic III, it is as addictive as crack cocaine.

yep that's right
i remember two years ago, me and three other friends played heroes 3 during 14 hours
by the way.. hey starcraft players, are you brave enough to face? :p
i'm just kidding, after the releasing of diablo 2 i stopped playing starcraft and forgot lots of tactics.

" it is a good day to die.."
corsair

The only game I've really gotten into for the computer is Quake II. I've played it nearly every day for nearly 2 years now.
The Warcrafts were awesome in their day, as was Diablo I. Never really enjoyed Diablo II for some reason, maybe it's the lameness of the people that play. Fancy having a game or two of Quake II Till Fjalls? Even though Norway and Canada are (a bit) far apart, I have cable, and so ping about 200 to the US (depends on the routing.)

Originally posted by TheMindzI
the best multiplayer game out there is Quake.. yeah Quake I.. :)

i used to think that...i played Q1 for years (even after q2, q3, half life, unreal etc. had all came out)...but last month i was introduced to half life counter strike...i havn't played quake since...counter strike rules all

i saw someone mention daggerfall above...could you actually get anywhere in that game? (i remember spending ages creating a character (DF had probably the best character setup ever) but then i couldn't get anywhere..it was way to hard and the random dugeons just went on forever...)

this game was quite strange. the neverending dungeons (haven't i seen this before?), the same quests all the time... but the system was cool. i remember i archieved something in a few guilds, but that's it. never came to the point where the story would continue...

I got Civilization III yesterday, I started playing at 7pm, then it crashed (unstable warez version :lol: ) And I thought to myself, damn, better reopen and load quicksave, but I looked at clock and it was 1am! That game makes you completely lose track of time. It's really fun.

But I like to play various FPS' I used to play a lot of Tribes, just getting back into it now, but I haven't caught on to a lot of the new tactics yet. I played a lot of Counter-Strike, as fun as getting shot in the head through a building with a sniper-rifle from some lameass cheater is, I quit when cheating became common. (That game infuriated me also, a bunch of MP5 spamming newbies would always get lucky headshots)

I used to play Ultima Online. I don't want to get into detail about it because I doubt anyone here played, but I quit because it's been softened up and tailored to newbie bankbums.

Originally posted by Melancholia
Simply said I was a "Larry Leisure suit" and "Monkey Island" junkie..

The Secret of Monkey Island. One of the best games... EVER!!! The Pirhana Poodles, the swordfighting with insults, the rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle... so many fond memories. I LOVE that game!

"You fight like a dairy farmer!"

I also really enjoyed "Day of the Tentacle". Something about satirizing American history...

However, I've said it before and I'll say it again. THE best computer game EVER...

STAR CONTROL II.

Originally posted by transfixed

ahhh
a quake1 fan!
we have to play sometime man!
q1 is my fav game of all time.
still playing it today :)

sure.. i was looking for q1 fans about 2 years ago.. but couldn't find any.. so i quit my online carreer :)
qw clan arena rulez.. dm3.. 2vs2 :)
whatever.. Quakes are a great multi experience.. REALLY fast.. violent.. Counterstrike is more tactical.. as single player games.. my favorite was HalfLife.. til Deus Ex came out.. it's fuckin PERFECT! I also played Max Payne recently.. pretty good..
I like all classic adventures.. Monkey Island.. Larry.. Broken Sword.. as well as newer ones .. like The Longest Journey..
I really hate strategy games.. u just do the same stuff over and over again.. argh.. anyway.. the ones I like.. Red Alert.. Warcraft 2.. and.. ok.. Starcraft :)
I guess that's all..

never been much of an adventure game fan, but I hear that "The Longest Journey" is the best one in years; y'all may want to check it out.

I love UT, Half-Life, Civilization (all of them, including CTP - just got Civ 3), Ascendancy, Homeworld, Starcraft, No One Lives Forever, Rune, Warlords II & III, and many others. Never really liked the Quake series; I found them all rather boring (but I didn't play them until after Half-Life, so that may be why).

Neverwinter Nights is like D&D online right? If so... I've never played but it looks kind of fun, i'd like to try playing it, when's it come out?

No one cant tell cause all the versions and changes but my guess is 2002 first quater.

And yea its d&d online. They are including a toolset with the game that makes it dumb-proof to create your own campains, somehow getting closer to classic PnP, in fact i thing is the closest attempt to date ( Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption tools where just too damn hard for your average fool, Neverwinter Nights tools are easier to use than the tools u use in starcraft to make a map :D )

I have to stick with the game(s) that changed the face of computer gaming: DOOM and DOOM II. Without those, I daresay all your quakes and half-lifes and unreals and what-not would not be as good as they are. Don't get me wrong, all the Quakes are freakin' awesome, I love all of them. I've never played Half-life, but I hear its good, but Unreal and Unreal Tournament didn't do anything for me. I have played more DOOM II than any other games I have, combined. Even after I got all the Quakes, I still go back to good ol' DOOM. I can't freakin wait till it comes out on Game Boy Advance. Now that I think about it, DOOM probably wouldn't have been as good as it was without Wolfenstein 3D. ID just rules, man!

Man you're so right!
Still having ten hour sessions of it with some of my friends.
Before that we used to play HOMM II. What a surprise.

Also good games...
-Starcraft
-AOE II
-The legendary Masters of Magic
-Max Payne (Adrenaline boost)
-Counter Strike (With lots of friends and beer)
-...Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I'm hopelessly hooked on Elasto mania. Can't get off it...:cry:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(sorry,I'm new, I don't know how you do that quote thing so I just copied it :p )

You got that right, how many days in nights have I spent playing HOMM... :heh:

I have to stick with the game(s) that changed the face of computer gaming: DOOM and DOOM II. Without those, I daresay all your quakes and half-lifes and unreals and what-not would not be as good as they are. Don't get me wrong, all the Quakes are freakin' awesome, I love all of them. I've never played Half-life, but I hear its good, but Unreal and Unreal Tournament didn't do anything for me. I have played more DOOM II than any other games I have, combined. Even after I got all the Quakes, I still go back to good ol' DOOM. I can't freakin wait till it comes out on Game Boy Advance. Now that I think about it, DOOM probably wouldn't have been as good as it was without Wolfenstein 3D. ID just rules, man!

Can you wait for Doom 3??? that game looks like its going to kick ass. Doom 1 and Doom 2 ive probably played so much that i have like every single level memorized.