Cool

Aug 14, 2008
wintersuntimecoveror4.jpg

Well this leaked... apparently it's yet to be finished. Conceptually I like it alot, but it definitely looks a bit too modern/digital for my taste. At the same time, I think he captured the emotion of the nebula (or whatever that is) killing the tree. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I heard from a reliable source that the leakage of this art has caused the CD to be delayed yet again and a whole new cover will be done.

This is just the demo cover...not the final one

Go to the Wintersun forums and Jari is talking about it

I saw you arguing with those guys in General Discussion...haha

But anyways, this will be the greatest album ever. I'm still waiting :)

This is just the demo cover...not the final one

Go to the Wintersun forums and Jari is talking about it

I saw you arguing with those guys in General Discussion...haha

But anyways, this will be the greatest album ever. I'm still waiting :)

Well I don't think that the "final" cover will be that different... I remember there was a similar situation with the Symphony X - Paradise Lost cover leak and the "final cover" was pretty much indistinguishable.

Geez, seems like those GD guys love to watch themselves type huh?

But I was just told that the band actually wants a whole new cover now and that they are super pissed. Crybabies!

Yeah, that's definitely Jari haha. The s/t cover is way more ridiculous....dead guy in the snow, light coming from the tree in the corner, tons of other shit going on... haha. This one kinda reminds me of the movie The Fountain.

I'm kind of afraid to ask this in fear of starting a flamewar... but what do you guys think is better... this cover or the Esoteric cover? Just curious...

I think on a conceptual level I agree with you simply because the Time cover deviates more from the typical metal album art... but imo I think Par is a way better artist than the guy who did the Time cover (he also did the last two Kataklysm covers I think).

I like the bright colors of the Wintersun one, but I think Esoteric's is way more interesting. Time's is nice to look at, but Esoteric's makes me really want to listen to the album and/or figure out what it means. Hard to say which is better though.

definitely the esoteric cover, though i dont really care for the swirly ribbon looking things and logo as it kinda takes it in a powermetal/cheese looking direction. ditch the swirly stuff and get a more 'metal' logo and id like it a lot. not that my opinion matters to anyone in the band/label haha...

This one kinda reminds me of the movie The Fountain.
it reminds me of

FaggotTree.jpg

Well I don't think that the "final" cover will be that different... I remember there was a similar situation with the Symphony X - Paradise Lost cover leak and the "final cover" was pretty much indistinguishable.

Geez, seems like those GD guys love to watch themselves type huh?

But I was just told that the band actually wants a whole new cover now and that they are super pissed. Crybabies!

Yeah that could be true...I actually love the cover so I don't really care anyways.

Haha seriously...they're so elitest there it's hilarious. If you disagree with them, they will argue with you until you admit you're wrong. It's crazy. I usually just ignore them though.

Where did you hear that?

definitely the esoteric cover, though i dont really care for the swirly ribbon looking things and logo as it kinda takes it in a powermetal/cheese looking direction.

The ribbons were actually done by Erik Olofsson of Cult Of Luna. He said they are meant to draw the eye from the logo to the albumtitle. Also, alot of time was put into those so that they actually look like they react to the light (like the green flame, for ex) as it hits them. I think they are awesome as hell and give the cover a bit of abstractness. The actual artwork on the other hand is a bit more specific and less abstract although I think the band intended for the fans to take from it what they want.

Yeah that could be true...I actually love the cover so I don't really care anyways.

Haha seriously...they're so elitest there it's hilarious. If you disagree with them, they will argue with you until you admit you're wrong. It's crazy. I usually just ignore them though.

Where did you hear that?

Can't tell ya broski, sry. :D