Cover for the next album?

stargazer

Skyfire wants you!
Nov 27, 2001
Lund, Sweden
www.skyfireonline.net
Hi all!

Does anyone know any good cover illustrators out there? We'll be making preparations for the next album soon and it would be great to have some options before we decide.

The release of the first album was delayed because of the cover and we sure don't want that to happen again... :err:

Yeah, there are some really good ones.

Try Travis Smith. He did the cover art for albums like Horror Show (Iced Earth), or Abigail II (King Diamond). Awesome artist!

Yeah trav is cool,he done the latset Devy cover,for terria,thats fuckin sweeeeeet mate. Or get that dude who deos the cool comics,what his nam, Mcfarlane i think. He's cool to.

i'll do em, if youy buy me some texta;s

dude its alf! alf fucking rocks. i used to watch that show all the time when i was a kid.

i think travis smith's nevermore artwork is a lot more impressive than that cheesy horror show shit. not to metnion what a terrible album it is. by far their worst yet. anyways, i totally agree that you should get started on that now, so you can get the album out and to the fans asap!
-neal

This guy named HoserHellspawn (his user name, of course) is an amazing artist, photographer, and digital manipulator.....You can catch him online here at UM occasionally....drop him a private message.

Niklas Sundin is the best, but Travis Smith is very good too (new Lux Occulta cover is fucking great). or try polish artist such Graal (Behemoth, Grief Of Emerald and other bands from Listenable) and Jacek Wisniewski (Vader, Decapitated, Raebelliun etc.)

Hail to the mighty Skyfire!

I think one of my favourite covers is that of Abigail by King Diamond. Unfortunately I do not know the artist but I do know I am a fool.....

Anyhow, if I find out I let you know.:cool:

Hope I did not waste your time, big time!

Ok, I need to bring this old thread back to life.
The thing is we might be having problems with the artist we had in mind :mad:

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I think we need someone who's not as established as the usual artists like Niklas Sundin, Travis Smith etc, so preferably tips about artists that can make stuff quickly (i.e. don't have thousands of projects all the time) but still are capable of making a great cover.

Fuck... why do things always have to screw up :bah:

i recommend GRAAL works... he did covers and booklet for Behemoth, Theory In Parctice, Mutant, Grief Of Emerald, ENTER CHAOS and more polish bands... there's ENTER CHAOS booklet and cover...

Originally posted by stargazer
Thanks Eldzik.. looks great!

:D :D :D let us know if you decide collaborate with GRAAL. he is great artist and nice guy personaly... btw: he didn't receive e-mails too often, so be patient!