Cubase 5 Dangit

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
I got Cubase 5 and have been recording music with it, but all of my mixes aren't nearly as good as when I was using Audition 3. There's a lot of stuff I've relearned in it but the two major obstacles right now are:

1. Cross-fading. Doing rhythms has "drop outs" where it starts playing the new wavs instead of fading.

2. High-pass. I got a new Ibanez 7-string and I can't figure out how to high-pass, all my guitars and the mixes as a whole sound muddy. :/

If anyone has experience with Cubase 5, I'd appreciate the directions on where to find these things. :p

B

I got Cubase 5 and have been recording music with it, but all of my mixes aren't nearly as good as when I was using Audition 3. There's a lot of stuff I've relearned in it but the two major obstacles right now are:

1. Cross-fading. Doing rhythms has "drop outs" where it starts playing the new wavs instead of fading.

2. High-pass. I got a new Ibanez 7-string and I can't figure out how to high-pass, all my guitars and the mixes as a whole sound muddy. :/

If anyone has experience with Cubase 5, I'd appreciate the directions on where to find these things. :p

B

1. Just select the 2 segments on your tracks and press ''x'' to crossfade them.

2. Use an EQ in insert? Or the one built in when you press on the little ''e'' of the track.

1. hit x or set up the auto fades (project -> auto fades settings...)

2. EQ on the track or group.

This is all defined in the manual - that is, if you got one, and didn't pirate the program.

I've been using the EQ for the tracks to do a pretend-a-highpass but it's not a proper highpass. :/

This is all defined in the manual - that is, if you got one, and didn't pirate the program.

This one is funny^^ I got a educational version of Cubase 5 (and I bought it legit @ thomann) and I got no printed manual. Only a small short manual. There is only a .pdf manual which you can access within cubase. So basically no one has a printed manual, but even when you have a pirated version you get the .pdf manual... The you-got-no-manual-you-pirate-thingy does not work anymore :loco:

Yeah... I have C5 and hate the lack of a printed manual sometimes (like I'd ever give up and read it, right? :lol: ) but I couldn't think of a nicer way to say "hey you probably downloaded this shit illegally."

Yeah... I have C5 and hate the lack of a printed manual sometimes (like I'd ever give up and read it, right? :lol: ) but I couldn't think of a nicer way to say "hey you probably downloaded this shit illegally."
Oh no, $500 is spending money. I usually have that kind of cash on me at any given time.

Ok, thank you all. :p

Considering the huge workload I have ahead of me for this year, this is definitely some of the things I need to figure out noooww. So I appreciate it.

I used the amp sim on a track and then froze the track, because when you open about 3 instances of amp sim, it takes up way too much CPU. The only problem is that once frozen, the track is muted. What's up with that?

Oh no, $500 is spending money. I usually have that kind of cash on me at any given time.

Yeah, because the basic platform on which you conduct ALL of your recording/editing/mixing is a 'spending money' kind of purchase and shouldn't required any kind of saving for.

You can't use "I can't afford it" as an excuse, douche.

Yeah, because the basic platform on which you conduct ALL of your recording/editing/mixing is a 'spending money' kind of purchase and shouldn't required any kind of saving for.

You can't use "I can't afford it" as an excuse, douche.
I wasn't, douche. I was literally saying that is spending money. :)

I usually go to cubase.net to get help with Cubase. It is by far the largest Cubase forum community. You just need a valid key from your dongle to register.