Current State of Underground U.S. Metal

anyone ever invested in the works of Matron Thorn? Aevangelist, Devil Worshipper, Benighted in Sodom, Obscuring Veil...

This is just weird shit that makes Bethlehem look normal.

I have yet to give Aevangelist the proper attention. I will, knowing that my pal Laurent (the owner of Dead Seed Productions) is working with Matron Thorn on a number of projects. The new release sounds pretty neat.

Listening now. Not too bad so far. It's like the dude is trying to create the music equivalent of nightmares and true horror.

btw, Benighted in Sodom is pretty awful. At least the one I heard. Devil Worshipper wasnt much better.

I never checked out Velnias all those years ago. Just recently I saw a distro selling the debut for a monumental $4.50, so I grabbed it.

I havent listened yet. I figure Ive got less than a fiver to lose if it sucks

Velnias- Sovereign Nocturnal slay(ed), havent heard that name dropped in 15 yrs. Everyone from this forum was circlejerking them around one of the HCs, myself included.

It's piss.

Sup brug?

Edit-Listening to the first couple minutes of the aforementioned on my lunch break. Idk if its the Tajin on my tastebuds talking, but Im still down with this shit. :heh:

Last edited:
I have yet to give Aevangelist the proper attention. I will, knowing that my pal Laurent (the owner of Dead Seed Productions) is working with Matron Thorn on a number of projects. The new release sounds pretty neat.

Not that it matters, but I was unaware the ex-singer was a dude wanting to be a woman. I saw a pic of him with a beard and the name was Valerie Dorr. It took me 1.21 seconds then I remembered it's 2021. And Matron Thorn is a spic/black mix or something. So Aevangelist will at diversity to my collection.

Either way, the vocals on the debut are f'n sick. Wish I could find it on the cheap. It's the soundtrack to a Lovecraftian nightmare.

That's my contribution since all you fuckers are boring today.

Reactions: Ellestin