Cut my strings too short : trying a fix

Smallstep

Mar 5, 2016
Yeah, was changing the strings for D'addarios and didn't notice they had two gold ballends and took the wrong one for the low B, noticed after two strings. Stores are closed here today so I'm trying this. I just hope the ballend won't snap/get ejected. Basically, just running the strings through two old strings. I know for sure that I wouldn't make a knot without poking my fingers.

Anyone tried this ?
ballend.png

I'd use an old string before rigging something like that. I can't see the string vibrating remotely normal as two separate pieces. Sucks, but I'd say old string or wait.

No I dont hehe, but thought it might inspire if someone has that prob and need an urgent fix. Would prefer a new string for sure, but when I think about it, there's just like 15-16 pounds of tension there. I'll let you know if it holds.

*edit* wishtheend, but it's a locking nut though

you could de-tune that string after locking it in the nut. as soon as you got it up to pitch, you barely need that part of the string anyway

Like I said nezvers, I put the E string in the B tuner as I thought I had the biggest string in my hand. I'm an idiot, I usually take the Ernie Balls with their individualy packed strings. I pull the string and usually cut right after the block-string cube on the Floyd, so I ended up 1½ inch shorter lol

haha, that´s too cool XD with the locking nut i wouln´t know why this shouldn´t work. i think it´s a fun fix for the time being, at least.