Damnation tour ?

frayededges

Quiet, like a slit wrist
Jan 26, 2003
Greensboro NC
Visit site
I know it's a bit early to be concerned about this, but does anyone have any inside scoop/rumorous info about when exactly the Damnation tour will begin? I've heard that there will be fewer dates this time (but I'll make the pilgrimage).... Anybody have any gossip?

:confused: :eek: :D

I spoke to Mike after the New York show & he stated that the NEXT album (after Damnation) would, almost certainly, also feature all 'clean vocals', and that the "death vox" had "run their course".
He did say, however, that although the vocals would be 'clean', the music on the next CD would be heavy, like any other Opeth CD.

< just kiddin'>

:p

I wouldn't really mind that... the neat thing about Opeth is that everything they do, no matter how unexpected; they pull off with flair. So, if Opeth were to have heavy music without the death vox, that really wouldn't bother me very much at all. I just love the parts like that on their past records - for example the "run away, run away" section in 'demon of the fall'.

Last nite when a bunch of us outside the Phoenix show were talking with Peter, he said that it looks like they will be coming back to the states in May and prolly September but he is not totally for sure!

I dont think Opeth will ever completely get rid of the Death vocals. Although Damnation is all clean, that was more of a one time deal for them to experiement and to make an album that sounds like it came out of the 70's, since all of them are into those bands as well.

I spoke to Mike after the New York show & he stated that the NEXT album (after Damnation) would, almost certainly, also feature all 'clean vocals', and that the "death vox" had "run their course".
He did say, however, that although the vocals would be 'clean', the music on the next CD would be heavy, like any other Opeth CD.

Fucking hell, when I read that I went into temporary coma! Don't ever do that again!!!

Eh ..don't be too scared...you know you'll like the cd either way as long as it retains the Opeth like musicianship. The good news is that at least they sound happy about their situation. Right before Deliverance came out there were too many rumors that things weren't going to well and had affected their mood.