:p

EDIT: Estimated prices:

Preamp pedal: $890
Jocke Box: $590
Loaded Jocke Box: $890
FBM100: $2690
FBM100X: $3990

DAR AMPS - FUTURE BREED MACHINES

Future Breed Machines is a new line of innovative products from DAR Amps that represent the leading edge of the industry......A new line of products that blend unique tube based designs with the very latest in DSP based technology.

By combining the advanced engineering and technology from DAR Amps, with the real world experience from two of metal’s most renowned artists, we are bringing to market a new series of products that address many issues faced by modern guitarists while delivering the most crushing and highly sought after tones imaginable.

The initial Future Breed Machines product lineup includes:

FBM-PX - Fredrik Thordendal Signature Preamp Pedal

The FBM-PX is an advanced 4 channel tube Preamp with and an industry leading Impulse Response engine that delivers Fredrik’s trademark crushing Meshuggah tones in a very compact floor based form factor. This pedal will deliver the same tones and feel as a player’s traditional head and cabinet based rig, while being able to fit into a backpack.

The FBM-PX is the ultimate no compromise way to build a travel, back-up or practice rig when run through in-ear or stage monitors. Optionally it can also be run through a power amp and cab for a traditional setup, complementary to monitors.

4 custom voiced tube preamps (Clean, Crunch, Rhythm, Lead)
Industry’s highest resolution (10,000 point) custom impulse responses (IR’s) created by Jocke Skog, which include power amp, cabinet, and mic combinations
Adaptive Dynamics on IR’s to address the changing behavior of power amps and cabinets when pushed

Full stereo operation
Adjustable delay control for simulating a second guitarist on second channel
All aluminum construction
2 line - 20 character illuminated display
Full midi control with locking MIDI in and DIN thru
Illuminated Carling switches
Custom voiced advanced noise gate
Channel assignable FX loop (series/parallel/off)
Balanced I/O for re-amping and 4-cable fx processor integration
Pre-IR outputs for interfacing to power amps
Post IR balanced outputs for interfacing to mixers/monitors/PA
Headphone out
USB interface and PC/MAC editor for management of IR’s
Global voltage selector
Hand built in California, USA

FBM-X

The FBM-X is the first product in its class that allows guitarists, bassists, and engineers to run the industry’s highest resolution Impulse Responses without the need for computers and their associated latency issues. No more inconsistent live sound, stage mics, or having to mic multiple cabinets in a recording session.

The FBM-X is also an ideal companion to the many modellers/fx processors available today, as it adds tremendous flexibility in tone shaping and addresses one of the most noted complaints with existing products, the limitation of their cabinet simulations.

Industry’s highest resolution (10,000 point) custom impulse responses (IR’s) created by Jocke Skog, which include power amp, cabinet, and mic combinations
Adaptive Dynamics on IR’s to address the changing behavior of power amps and cabinets when pushed
Full stereo operation
Black powder coated chassis
2 line - 20 character illuminated display for IR management
Full midi control with locking MIDI and DIN thru
Pre-IR outputs for interfacing to power amps in parallel to IR’s

FBM-XL
The FBM-XL contains all the features of the FBM-X and adds a powerful load box which allows for the running of high power tube heads without the need for cabinets, drastically reducing the overall amount of gear musicians need to take to gigs.

The FBM-XL is also a very useful tool for the studio, where it is commonplace to have multiple amplifier heads in the control room, by allowing them to run silently and safely without attached cabinets.

Same features as FBM-X with the additon of a Load box that supports up to 100 watt amplifiers

FBM-100HX - Fredrik Thordendal Signature Amplifier Head

The FBM-100HX is DAR Amps’ new flagship amplifier. It is one of the most technologically advanced amps in the industry and delivers Fredrik’s trademark crushing Meshuggah tones and beyond. It also includes the very latest in DSP processing with an industry leading Impulse Response engine. This is the amp for those looking for the ultimate in high gain modern metal tone. From beautiful cleans all the way to highest gain of levels, this signature delivers in all aspects without compromise.

100 Watt or 50 Watt Stereo Class A operation (assignable per channel) via 4 6c33B power tubes
Auto Bias power tubes with failure indicator lights
4 Channel custom voiced tube preamps (Clean, Crunch, Rhythm, Lead)
Adjustable variable delay control for simulating a second guitarist on second channel
All aluminum black anodized shell
2 line - 20 character illuminated display for IR management
Custom voiced channel assignable advanced noise gate
Channel assignable mono FX loop (series/parallel/off) with send/return levels
Channel assignable stereo FX loop (series/parallel/off) with send/return levels
Balanced I/O for re-amping and 4-cable fx processor integration with send/return levels
Headphone out
Pre-IR outputs for interfacing to power amps
Tuner out
DI out
Custom DMX 512 Lighting controller with super accurate sensitivity control

FBM-100H - Fredrik Thordendal Signature Amplifier Head

The FBM-100H is a brutal 4 channel Amplifier Head that delivers Fredrik’s trademark crushing Meshuggah tones and more, in a straight forward, cost effective and no nonsense package.

100 Watt Class A via 4 6c33B power tubes
Auto Bias power tubes with failure indicator lights
4 Channel custom voiced tube preamps (Clean, Crunch, Rhythm, Lead)
All aluminum black anodized shell
Custom voiced advanced noise gate
Channel assignable FX loop (series/parallel/off)
Balanced I/O for re-amping and 4-cable fx processor integration
Global voltage selector

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I'm curious about what this actually is: "Adaptive Dynamics on IR’s to address the changing behavior of power amps and cabinets when pushed"

Make shure DAR sends some amps to the mags(Gitarre&Bass(Germany) for example).

It sounds very promising for the live musician who wanna record, too.

Interesting. I'm curious about what this actually is: "Adaptive Dynamics on IR’s to address the changing behavior of power amps and cabinets when pushed"

Me too!

I might have to snag one of those preamps when I get some cash, just shelled out on a Triple Recto though so it'll probably have to wait.

These amps don't appeal to me in the least - they sound absolutely terrible to me.

Of course, that's just my taste - but damn... I just can't get into it at all.

They certainly have a unique tone. It sounds different because it's so much more percussive than any other amp I've heard, and I really enjoy that. It would actually suit Hetfield pretty well.

It sounds a bit like you have the tone on a boost @ max and a gate is eating half your tone, which is probably cool for djenty stuff but not a tone I'd go for.

Ola's tone is so much more pleasing to the ears than any of the others, it's pretty ridiculous - the other ones are just so ear-rapingly scooped and scratchy (though I guess it works much better with the super-low tunings and djenty playing than Ola's tone would; just so not my thing musically or tonally)

ola, when will the pedal be available?
have you tried it? how does it compare to the amp?
would love to hear some clips from that thing!
thannks for sharing the info!

ola, when will the pedal be available?
have you tried it? how does it compare to the amp?
would love to hear some clips from that thing!
thannks for sharing the info!

I will get the pedal and amp in february, so I'll be doing demos like crazy :)

Haven't tried the pedal but it's built around the preamp from the amp itself so I bet they will sound about the same. Time will tell!

why no rackmount preamp? WHY? Tube loaded pedals are always horseshit starved plate designs.