dark tranquillity european tour 2005

Gav, there's a small chance I'll be going, and if so I reckon I'll look into travelling back through the night rather than staying overnight and returning the next day. Maybe you should give that some thought yourself, it should at least cut down a lot of the cost. Plus, if we both end up going, we could well get the same trains (though I haven't checked if this is possible yet), so only part of your journey would be alone. You could also check out National Express prices, it's probably cheaper than the train if you can stand travelling that long by coach.

There's a small chance that I'd be able to attend the show at Gothenburg or Stockholm (or both) - too much depends now on my (hopefully) upcoming graduation, possible work and various other things, so it is absolutely way too early to say anything. But if everything goes in the best possible way, I should be there and would like to meet as many of you great people as possible.

-Villain

Alfred said:
Has anybdy watched carefully at the sequence of dates?It sums up to more than one full month with one gig every single evening (except for the 22nd)... :yow:

And yes, I, too, would have liked to see dt headliners, or at least the shifting rahvin was talking about in the beginning... I'm pretty sure that in Milan, dt would have naturally become headliners :(

Hey, at least it's not as bad as bands like Carnal Forge, Dream Evil, Flowing Tears, and Finntroll having all the shows on the same date. :loco:

Rusty said:
Gav, there's a small chance I'll be going, and if so I reckon I'll look into travelling back through the night rather than staying overnight and returning the next day. Maybe you should give that some thought yourself, it should at least cut down a lot of the cost. Plus, if we both end up going, we could well get the same trains (though I haven't checked if this is possible yet), so only part of your journey would be alone. You could also check out National Express prices, it's probably cheaper than the train if you can stand travelling that long by coach.

Thats cool :). I'll bare it in mind. I'd probably have to leave before kreator hit the stage, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I never really cared for them. All depends greatly on when the last train from london goes to leeds on that day... and where the venue is. If I find all that out Ill probably bust down. I'd just hate it if DT had like a 25 min set or something.

King Chaos said:
Thats cool :). I'll bare it in mind. I'd probably have to leave before kreator hit the stage, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I never really cared for them. All depends greatly on when the last train from london goes to leeds on that day... and where the venue is. If I find all that out Ill probably bust down. I'd just hate it if DT had like a 25 min set or something.
I've been having a look at this. The train website I use only stores info up to 3 months in advance (so useful :rolleyes: ), but I looked at November instead and trains seem to leave from London to Leeds at about 9:30pm and then not until about 5am the next morning. I don't imagine it will be much different in February, so that doesn't bode too well. However, coaches leave much more regularly - the latest coach leaves at 11:30pm. Only thing is, the venue isn't close to the coach station (it's very close to the train station), so you/we/whoever would have to leave by 11 to be sure of getting there on time. Plus it takes over 5 hours by coach.

I did a london to leeds coach trip once and it must have knocked about 20 years off my life. *Unbareable boredom*. God it sucked. Well we could always go out and hit the London clubs, pull an all nighter, hang with DT a bit *dreams* and then go back in the morning, sleep on the train etc etc. that would be funny, and somet worth telling the grand chilldren one day :p.

:kickass:
v

I'm definitely not buying a ticket for this DT gig ;)

In fact, the last 3 times I've seen them (out of 6), it's been free of charge :D

Just the relevant parts:

*Sent:* Friday, December 03, 2004 7:16 AM
*Subject:* Lippupalvelun viikkokirje 49

http://www.lippupalvelu.fi/

TULEVIA TAPAHTUMIA

*Tuska Winter War*
Tuska Winter War part1 Helsingin Jäähallissa maaliskuussa. Tapahtumassa
esiintyvät Cradle of Filth, Kreator ja Dark Tranquility.
Osta liput tästä »

Etsi tilaisuus ja osta tai varaa liput verkkokaupasta. Voit myös varata
liput soittamalla valtakunnalliseen puhelinpalveluumme 0600-10-800
(1,30€/min+pvm) tai 0600-10-020 (4,93€/puhelu+pvm)

i'll attend the Vienna gig for sure :hotjump:

i'm gonna die at this gig: hatesphere, DT aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!
:loco:

i'm also thinking about the Graz gig (the venue's supposed to have a damn good sound, better than the crappy planet-music-sound in any case :heh: ).

I'll be at the gig in Vienna, too. Sure thing. I also hope to meet the band before or after the concert (like last time). Would be extremely cool!

@ Opi: Yeah, PM has a shitty sound. And a shitty air circulation as well.

Somber Soul said:
@ Opi: Yeah, PM has a shitty sound. And a shitty air circulation as well.
either you deep-freeze or there's none at all : / and the drinks taste dull
it's really time for an alternative venue :Smug: if just the Arena-people wouldn't be so stupid with their attitudes *sigh*