DARKANE & SUIDAKRA CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008

I am really excited about seeing Suidakra....if anyone recalls. I suggested them for last years fest. Glad too see people are listening to me. First the Turisas call! now Suidakra. For people who havent heard Suidakra yet....very cool band with a mix of clean and death vocals. The early stuff has some folk influences but the later stuff is more melodic death metal. The new disc is really good. Avoid the one before it...complete crap.

Now lets see some cool ass Power Metal acts. Maybe Freedom Call? Crystal Eyes? Sabaton?

Decided to put on Lays From Afar, and gotta say, listening to it makes me excited for seeing them. Hopefully they do a good mix of old and new in their setlists. Gotta look up their most recent setlists.

I am really excited about seeing Suidakra....if anyone recalls. I suggested them for last years fest. Glad too see people are listening to me. First the Turisas call! now Suidakra. For people who havent heard Suidakra yet....very cool band with a mix of clean and death vocals. The early stuff has some folk influences but the later stuff is more melodic death metal. The new disc is really good. Avoid the one before it...complete crap.

Now lets see some cool ass Power Metal acts. Maybe Freedom Call? Crystal Eyes? Sabaton?

Sorry bro...as much as I'd love to give you credit...we've been talking about Suidakra for the last 2-3 years...mostly due to the bands longevity besides being a good band. But now seemed like the right time...plus, we've had some sponsors come forward to help make it happen for them.

Still need more though...you gonna step up? ;)

Sorry bro...as much as I'd love to give you credit...we've been talking about Suidakra for the last 2-3 years...mostly due to the bands longevity besides being a good band. But now seemed like the right time...plus, we've had some sponsors come forward to help make it happen for them.

Still need more though...you gonna step up? ;)

I like Suidakra but not enough to drop any serious money on them. I have been stepping up all day my friend. This local dance gang has benn busting a move on my territory and we have been having a dance off all day long.

Nice start - I like both bands quite a bit, shaping up to be a sweet Powerfest.

When did Marcel leave (again)? I saw them at 2006 Wacken and they were awesome!

Not only that but some people might like certain band at the fest because of XYZ reason .

WHOA! XYZ is playing the festival??? SWEET! :loco:

Just kidding, but that would be awesome. Does anyone else remember this 80's great?

Someone commented above about these bands already having a slightly different vibe than last year and I completely agree. Can't wait to see who's next. Jag Panzer? Rob Rock?

Marcel's last show was just a few weeks ago. I'm obviously happy as a pig in mud to be able to get Suidakra over here after years of trying to get something together for them. :D But I also very much like Darkane. ;)

Oh, did I mention that I can die a happy woman for being able to see Paganfest lineup AND Suidakra at the same time?! Unholy fuck!!! hahaha Been DYING to see Tyr for soooooo many years and been a huge fan of Ensiferum and Turisas forever. Eluvietie is also a great band that started talking to me on myspace a couple years ago and I'm quite intrigued to see them as well.

I say "Soo dah kruh" but I guess it could be "swee dah kruh"

Yeah, and then there's also "Soo ih dah kruh", like as in "suicide". And that doesn't even get into the stresses, which geometrically expands the list of possibilities. As one example, "swee dah kruh" could be "SWEE dahkruh" or "swee DAH krah". Hmm, Squeak seems to know 'em, maybe she can help settle this enormous problem?

Neil

Caption this pic:
darkane.jpg

"In Flames wears jumpsuits? We didn't know! Seriously!" :lol:

Yeah, and then there's also "Soo ih dah kruh", like as in "suicide". And that doesn't even get into the stresses, which geometrically expands the list of possibilities. As one example, "swee dah kruh" could be "SWEE dahkruh" or "swee DAH krah". Hmm, Squeak seems to know 'em, maybe she can help settle this enormous problem?

Neil

IIRC, the band pronounced it Sue-id-ahk-rah when I saw them.

The press release we just posted for Suidakra - sorry it took a little bit of time to post (sue-eee-dah-kruh, but the sue - eee is said fast, like you would say sweee almost, but with a u):

Finally! SuidAkrA's first US show has just been confirmed: we'll rock the house at Chicago Powerfest in May 2008!! Being that we have to travel half way across the world for this show, we will also try to schedule a mini-tour with maybe four or five more gigs in one part of the US. Chicago Powerfest will be the only show in the Midwest, though.

However, we still need your support for this adventure! More precisely, let's face it: we need help with financing this trip! Be assured that we would not use it to fill our pockets up, but more to the contrary - we are paying for this trip out of our own pocket and need to make sure that the expenses for traveling will not ruin us. If you have an idea to help sponsor SuidAkrA, please contact Alina Michelle by sending her a message via her mySpace page.

If there are any promoters in the US that are wanting and have the means to bring SuidAkrA to their area in the week following Powerfest, please also contact Alina. We get a lot of emails asking us to play every little town in the US, which is a very nice thing of course, but it is hard to do such things without the support of a promoter. Also, instead of sending emails and messages to us like this, please use the "demand it" tool on our myspace page so we can see the areas that have the most interest in SuidAkrA. Please also understand that we can only reply to serious offers.

Let us briefly introduce to you Tim Siebrecht as our new live guitar player! As a former member of the band "Sleeping Gods", he has a lot of experience already. He has been familiar with SuidAkrA for many years, including his own contribution of some clean vocal lines on "Emprise to Avalon" in 2001.

More info will follow soon.

Horns up!
_SuidAkrA