Dave Eleffson Talks about Artist's Income

I think this was informative too and im going to check out his other videos at the rock shop. I remeber reading his book, it was also about starting out in the music industry.
Here's a link to it.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Making-Music-Your-Business-Musicians/dp/087930460X[/ame]

I'm not getting it. If they make only $2 per record, where does all the other $15 go? I guess you'd say 1/2 or so goes to the distributor (best buy, target, or whatever), and then the record label gets the $5 and the band gets $2. So that's close enough to get $15. But beyond this, he says that the band breaks even with 100,000 sold. But wouldn't the record label break even on the money they spent at 40,000 since they're getting the $5?

Maybe I'm easily confused.

Basically the distributor needs to makea profit, and the label neds to make back the money they put into the recording, mixing and printing of the album. So the band would have t sell a hell of a lot of albums or record everything excptionally quickly to mke more money off it, i I'm not mistakn.

And that's why there's touring, merch, all that stuff, although now that I think about it, putting music on iTunes would probably be a lot cheaper for the record company and would probably get more money to the artist.

Sorry

But who cares about Megashite

I have never liked them

I felt that they were to technical

I couldn't headbang like a nutter to their stuff

As much as I tried

There was no fluency to it

If you know what I mean

your either just started a shit storm or we may have an actual decent debate without insults

FUCK IT, Shit storm time

how the hell can you not like Megadeth, Megadeth are excellent, what do u mean u cant headbang like a nutter to it, u can just have to be more of a nutter to it than certain other bands, there isnt so much fluency but thats a good thing in my opinion, well i guess at least uve tried listenin to em, and no i dont really know wat u mean lol

Right I want nail this one on the head

I am a massive fan of Opeth, Anathema, Paradise Lost, Katatonia, Pink Floyd

The above bands are clearly not headbanging material and yet there is fluency to each of their songs

With Mega....e, I feel they play in say for talking sake 15 sections, all stop start within one song, I can't get into it, the minute they get a fluency going it stops and starts somewhere else different, I hated them when they 1st came out and 20 years later aftr hearing one of my pals talking excitedly about them and stuff I thought I will go back and listen again I still don't like them

So I say again Megadeath are shite, if you guys like them, good for you

I am entilted to my opinion just you are entitled to yours

However if anyone wants to discuss why "meddles" isn't as highly thought of as "the wall"

I am open to debate

Sorry

But who cares about Megashite

I have never liked them

I felt that they were to technical

I couldn't headbang like a nutter to their stuff

As much as I tried

There was no fluency to it

If you know what I mean

Get the fuck out.

Right I want nail this one on the head

I am a massive fan of fillatio, gay sex, huge banana packages, jizz in my pants, polo's

The above things are clearly not awesome and yet there is fluency to each of their personalities

With sperm....e, I feel they live in, say my balls, all of my life, I can't get into it, the minute i get a boner going it stops and starts somewhere else different, I loved megadeth when they 1st came out and 20 years later aftr hearing one of my pals talking excitedly about them and stuff I thought I will go back and listen again I still FACKING LUV EM

So I say again Megadeath are better than anything ive ever heard in my life it makes my ears orgasm, if you guys like them, then your awesome too.

I am not entilted to my opinion because it is wrong.

However if anyone wants to discuss why "my cawk" isn't as highly thought of as "yours"

I am open to debate

wow... i didnt think my cock was that highly thought of...