Dave gives props to Testament

redfly

Ruled By The Riff
Aug 22, 2005
Manchester/New England
Just a little bit from one of Dave's posts about the Priest Feast but I thought it was cool .

We had a great "hang" last night with the "Testament" boys, and I got to spend a lot of time with E.P. and Chuck. Its hard to believe we have been friends for almost 25 years. Wow!! Anyway, we talked about Gigantour, and the Clash of the Titans, and Eric's side project DragonLord, since I already know about Chuck and the Dublin guys.

Its really funny how everyone thinks we are so scary and mean, and how much we actually respect and care about each other and our roles in the whole scene. Testament are a very important band in metal history, especially killer bay area thrash metal; since there hasn't been anyone new that has come out lately, and I am unaware of anyone new, there aren't that many bands that come to mind when I think of new Bay Area metal bands - I mean, are there?

I'm telling you, Megadeth and Testament (co headlining) on Gigantour is boner city for me. God I hope this happens. :headbang:

Testament/Dragonlord for GIgantour!

MEtallica invited Dave to the Rock n Roll hall of fame ceremony, so I guess they are cool but Im eager to hear the new MEgadeth because I know it will be rad. Eric already said the next Testament album will be even heavier, but might put a slow song on it too. So Metal will not die, it gets mad, then stronger.

I just saw that Revolver and Epiphone are are going to have the first annual Golden God awards on April 7th to be seen on Mtv2.It will be our first Metal/Hard rock awards show.Megadeth will be headlining...I thinkiIt's about fuckin time!! But don't you think it should be Testament ?! They just won a Golden Gods award !! and Megadeths album ain't even out yet.Oh well it's still cool.As long as the emphasis is on the Metal!!

Well that would make sense, and that's too much for corporate bastards to understand. Mtv sold out a long time ago. Something so cool that got turned around, what a waste.

Yeah I know but I thought maybe just this once they would come through all the way.I mean I don't read Revolver but it's not as bad as Mtv is it?.I'm still a little disappointed at some of the other bands that they chose to play...and I don't know why because you are right ,it's still corporate .Why is it every stupid nobody rapper or pop music person..even the tiniest of them get so much recognition for what is really nothing and more of the same shit.But a band that has stayed true and survived for over 20 years,(most with almost no promotion) and practice to play their instruments as best they can and are just outstanding get practically nothing.These bands are important to metal they were at the forefront of a genre.And defined a decade and more.These corporations should remember there is tons of money to be made with metal.It's just that they always pick the weakest most commercial metal bands to promote( for the most part) and when they don't do well they say" metal doesn't sell".Never understanding it's because we see through their gay bands and it's not what we want...we always get screwed..

It's all about the bottom line (money). If they thought they could make more money with metal, they would do it. Not because of anything you mentioned, only what they can profit. It's simple greed, through and through. We don't always get screwed, just most of the time. If it wasn't for the internet, things would be much worse than they are. Actually things are pretty good, just not in a mass commercial way. Older bands are still plugging away, and there are so many new bands you can't keep up with them.

I find that it's the fact that they can make tons of money from metal and don't that pisses me off.I have a tape/cd/vhs/dvd and poster collection that is thousands of dollars spent over the years.They just don't care and even the good that these companies do manage to do is half assed.If they can do it in Europe they can do it here.They are just to busy destroying this generation of teens with hip hop....God I hate those little fuckers in their lawn mower sounding Honda's with the bass cranked.But you are right we are in better shape than the 90's that's for sure!