Death In The forest...In Jeapordy?

derek

Grey Eminence
Sep 30, 2005
Edinburgh, U.K.
New York's DEATH IN THE FOREST FESTIVAL In Jeopardy - May 17, 2006

TJ Morris of Watchers Entertainment, one of the organizers of the Death In The Forest Festival — set to take place May 20 in Middletown, New York — has issued the following update:

"Due to the inclement weather, death in the forest 2006 will be moved from the Orange County Fair grounds. YES, MOVED FROM THE ORANGE COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS. As we aware that many people will be in the area on May 19th for the 1349/ BELPHEGOR/ TYPHUS/ ENGORGE signing at rock fantasy, and have also made hotel arrangements for the nights of may 19th and 20th in the Middletown area, we are doing everything in our power to relocate to a venue within close proximity of the Orange County Fair Grounds. I realize a great deal of you are probably pissed, thinking to yourself 'WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!' Well, that’s exactly how we feel about this situation as well. However, there has been rain in this area for the last three days, and another five days of rain is forecasted. Even if it dried up by May 20th, the grounds at the OC Fair would not support the weight of our equipment. So, once again, we are going to have to move the fest. We are frantically looking for a venue that is A) Large enough to suppo rt 2/3 stages, B) open to the idea of a black metal / death metal festival, and C) available for the dates of May 19th (setup) May 20th (event) and May 21st (break-down). If anyone OWNS, OR KNOWS SOMEONE WHO OWNS, such a spot in the Middletown, NY area, or in close proximity, please feel free to contact us. We have tried every conceivable venue in the area, and are getting stonewalled. HOWEVER!!! THE SHOW WILL GO ON. THIS I PROMISE TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU CRAZY FUCKERS. I GIVE MY WORD TO EVERY ONE OF YOU; THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST METAL FESTIVAL TO EVER BE CONCEIVED IN THIS NECK OF THE WOODS. For fuck's sake, we have IMMOLATION, 1349, VITAL REMAINS, and BELPHEGOR, all headlining, backed up by SKINLESS, IMPALED, TYPHUS, ENGORGE, NEPHILLIM, BLOODTHRONE, and a fucking army of other brutal fuckers. THIS EVENT WILL KICK ASS. So, take note, the venue is changing for DITF 2006. Keep your eyes on www.deathintheforest.com for more updates as the next few hours come to pass."

Source: Blabbermouth.Net

Note...Why do I ALWAYS spell thread titles wrong? :(

so lets see...

1. Tour for the summer isn't happpening...
2. Tour for November isnt happening...
3. Lost the Battle of the Bands and our shot at $20,000.
4. Possible cancellation of Death in the Forest.
5. No funds to record and release a new CD.
6. Every place in this area won't allow concerts.
7. No fanbase.
8. No label interest... the only label that WILL talk to us hates us.
9. Our Atlantic City show kicked us off because we arent over 21.

UGH

Yeah, but you look hot in the Sanctuary shirt.

Plus, I doubt any band that got signed (outside the corporate BS arena) has ever had it easy. It'll happen dude.

Will Bozarth said:
7. No fanbase.

Isn't being in a band fun?

That sucks about the fest.

Yes, it's fun... it would be more fun if we could play cool fests like this and get our music heard. Plus, I'd be out $500 if this doesn't happen.

It would be even more fun if we could get a damn label to back us for one cd.

Will Bozarth said:

Probably not as much fun as you think. I've been around that block a couple of times. :lol: However, I'd take serious issue with being out $500 if the show's cancelled - did you have to buy your way on, or buy (and sell) tickets?

Will Bozarth said:
Yes, it's fun... it would be more fun if we could play cool fests like this and get our music heard. Plus, I'd be out $500 if this doesn't happen.

Will, come to Vegas Bro record the CD at my place, and ill release it on my lable. Ive already told you im more than interested in doing this. Unfortunately i can on ly offer online distribution right now, But its better than nothing.

If anything grab the friggin equipment come to vegas and lets record the CD. Shit dude ... ill rent equipment to do this if i have too. Dude ill rend a Mesa and a 5150 and just kick some ass.

Call me dude sent you my new cell number, Ill be in manhattan most of the day today.

Jason

Will Bozarth said:
so lets see...

7. No fanbase.

UGH

Bascially multiply these things by 5 years and were in the same boat. :erk: Its a miracle we somehow managed to book a localpalooza at Jaxx.

Will Bozarth said:
d00d, you picked a bad time to go to NY :lol: I'm swamped with shit to do this week and can't make it up there. work work work practice

Dude you dont have to come right now. When let me get back home to Vegas. once i do all see what i can do about renting some shit. Then we will set up a time and you come down, Crqash at my house and we spend some time recording shit.

If you guys are GOOD we can record 12 to 15 songs in a few days, or we can AT LEAST get the drums and Bass down. Then we can do guitars and VOX via the net.

I got this shit down man, and i would be honored to record the next disk for you. All i ask is you guys help pay for Groceries and broads .... ha ha ha ha ha

Will Bozarth said:
just 2 more than us... gay

Yea it really is. We really personify the starving artist stereotype, I was working 55-60 hour weeks for months when we were recording our last CD just to pay for all the recording costs.