Death Metal

I bought Dechristianize when it came out because the s/t song which is brilliant. The solos & harmonies are ace on the entire album but the actual songs get worse with each listen. I have not listened to the album since a month after it was released.

Plus the kick drums are awful. The snare hits are fast as hell though.

VampyrRose said:
Well, it is quite simple.....Good production = heavier sound
yeah, as far as SYL goes (which I'm sure is who you're referring to).
Cephalic Carnage is just fuckin' heavy.

The_Harmathroditic_Ferret said:
You wouldn't have happened to have heard there demo with Vincent Crowley of Acheron on it would you?

I must confess that i got the "The key" album only on tape, and about the demo I never heard anything.
BTW : Like an everflowing stream is the ultimate Death metal album!

D-KOM said:
I must confess that i got the "The key" album only on tape, and about the demo I never heard anything.
BTW : Like an everflowing stream is the ultimate Death metal album!

Yeah, it's good, but it's no Necroticism. It does belong in the bracket of classic albums mind you, along with such other golden oldies as "The Left Hand Path" and "Cause of Death"...

Gore-illa said:
Well, it's not as technical as bands like Visceral Bleeding, Origin and Disgorge (us).. It are even quite simple riffs, but very hard to play because of the speed :cool:

Well, ANY riff, even the most technical, is simple to play if you do it slowly. :cry:

Stormwatch said:
Well, ANY riff, even the most technical, is simple to play if you do it slowly. :cry:

You say that, but I was born with the unfortuanate disfigurement of having sausages in the place where fingers ought to have been placed; therefore even the most rudimentary of riffs appear to me to have the complexity of designing a nuclear reactor from scratch.

Fuck, it even took me about a fortnight to grasp the rudiments of "Zombie Ritual" at 1/4 speed.

I suck.

PWNED BY STRINGZ LOL!!!!!11111

Susperia said:
Except for Quo Vadis being before Hypocrisy. They aren't good, and they're pretentious and don't know what Jazz is. Still waiting for a band that can actually mend Jazz and Metal together intelligently.

I just realized I was thinking of Ephel Duath when I wrote that, not Quo Vadis. Sorry if I confused anyone.

death, black, all these forms of "metal" have tarnished and ruined heavy metal as a genre!

to not list out 1000s of bands...im just gonna pump this one that hasnt been listed...get all 3 of the first KATAKLYSM cds.

All this talk of Nile made me want to talk about the show of their's I watched Sun. It was amazing, I've seen Nile before, and always really liked them, but there new stuff is mind blowing. Their drummer is on the top of his game, and I probably just zoned off on him more than once. The gig was sold out just packed to the rafters, which I think, is a sign that heavy music is on the upswing. When shows, death metal shows, make their way to Portland Or., my friends and I would usually wait to buy tickets at the door, the saying was always "death metal shows don't sell out" well around here anyway, but I'm glad I bought tickets before the show, because I saw people being turned away, and I'm really, really glad it wasn't me.
Decapitated is probably my favorite death metal band, and I heard through the net. that they were going on second. My friend and I had no intrest in seeing the opening band, plus, as I said the show was sold out, and we had less intrest in standing in line. So, we waited, and as I thought the opening band would be wraping up, we went to the doors. As I rounded the side of the venue, my heart stopped, the fu**ing line was still half way around the building, I was going to miss Decapitated, no way! To make matters worse, there's a clock on the bank across the street, and I can watch the time tick away. The line starts to move, slowly at first, then a little faster, I don't think it's fast enough, I'm going to miss Decapitated, damnit! I get searched, hand the next person my ticket, get my wrist stamped for re entry, walk briskly down the hallway, round the corner for the front of the stage, and I sh** you not, the very second that I see the stage, Decapitated bust into their first number. It was so surreal, I said to myself, "man that was timed perfect." Their set was probably less than half an hour, but I loved every second of it. I saw Decapitated just over a month ago with Vader, and I would watch them next month if I could. They played Day 69 from their newest album, Organic Hallucinosis which isn't even out yet, but I scored at the show, along with a killer Nihility t-shirt.
All the other bands were superb, just heavy as f**k! I've seen Soilent Green nearly every time they've played The Rose City (Portland) and Sun. was by far, the best set I've ever heard them play, my personal favorite was Slap F**k from their Pussysoul album. Hypocrosy was great, they played a wide spectrum of their music, there sound was excellent, and they really know how to work the stage and the crowd. This show was one of the best I've seen in a while, and a totally kicka** way to start the year.

2 albums I've been listening a lot this week:

Rebaellium - Annihilation (holy fuck! I feel like I wanna break everything when I listen to it! Heavy as hell!)

Psycroptic - The Scepter of the Ancients (Brutal,technical and a little bit melodic - can't wait for their newest coming soon in the next weeks!!)

Oi said:
death, black, all these forms of "metal" have tarnished and ruined heavy metal as a genre!

Not everyone that plays heavy music wants to sound like some 80's cheesy 'heavy metal' bands.