Decapitated

Thanatopsis123

白鬼
Oct 13, 2002
日本
Visit site
Probably old news for many of you but it was new to me....

Taken from official Decapitated website

"DECAPITATED will be recording a successor of "Nihility" album also at Hertz Studio, from 28th of July to 21st of August (Earache has planned a worldwide release on 28th of October)."

If I had a calendar, I'd mark it.

Blah, i'm not so sure anymore. The two opening tracks on Winds.. are amazing, but the record is really badly let down by the third and fourth tracks, which are slow and full of bland riffs. Those two cut the pace of the album in half and it sucks. The tracks from thereon in are very good though. I'd say Nihility is more consistent than Winds..., and has the catchier riffs.....but i'd say the standout tracks on Winds of Creation rhythmically and technically slay anything on Nihility. So I dunno. I personally prefer Winds of Creation, but I think both records are more or less on a par with eachother.

I hope they cut-out the extreme high-end of the bass drums in the next album; it's almost as bad as Dimmu's Puritanical.

SculptedCold said:
Blah, i'm not so sure anymore. The two opening tracks on Winds.. are amazing, but the record is really badly let down by the third and fourth tracks, which are slow and full of bland riffs. Those two cut the pace of the album in half and it sucks. The tracks from thereon in are very good though. I'd say Nihility is more consistent than Winds..., and has the catchier riffs.....but i'd say the standout tracks on Winds of Creation rhythmically and technically slay anything on Nihility. So I dunno. I personally prefer Winds of Creation, but I think both records are more or less on a par with eachother.

I hope they cut-out the extreme high-end of the bass drums in the next album; it's almost as bad as Dimmu's Puritanical.

IMO Winds of Creation is very solid through the whole album. Only the Slayer cover and the outro are kinda throwaway. I usually just hit the stop button at the end of Nine Steps. Nihility on the other hand sounded kinda bland to me. Also the vocals on Nihility are way worse than the crushing vocals on Winds of Creation.

Winds and Nihility are both great. My only constructive criticism comment on Nihility is the drum production. It literally sounds like a light switch being flipped on and off in a very speedy fashion. Doesn't bother me really..but could have been absent..

Soilent Goat said:
Winds and Nihility are both great. My only constructive criticism comment on Nihility is the drum production. It literally sounds like a light switch being flipped on and off in a very speedy fashion. Doesn't bother me really..but could have been absent..

Hmmm... interesting. I like the drums better in Nihility. One of my very few complaints about Winds is that I dislike that snare tone. That said, both are great albums, though I prefer Nilhility as a whole.

I'll be interested to hear this.
Although I own both Winds of Creation and Nihility, I can't say I listen to both of them with much regularity.That said,there are some standout tracks on either discs and Spheres of Madness in particular, is one of the finest metal songs I've ever heard.
The fact that they're so young is enjoyably promising too.I'd say they'll be the Kings of DM in a few years.

LordFireworm said:
I'll be interested to hear this.
The fact that they're so young is enjoyably promising too.I'd say they'll be the Kings of DM in a few years.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Metal bands tend to turn for the worse when they gain age.

I have both records but love Nihility so much more than Winds ... the production on WInds is crap in my opinion, compared to the razor sharp sound of Nihility.

Also own a vidoe tape of them playing three different shows in France last year .. 3 full shows with great sound and picture. They sound just amazing live as on record.

Currently waiting for a video of their performance at last years Milwaukee Metalfest ...

One of my favorite bands .. I hear that they got a second guitar player for the new record, from another Polish band, SCEPTIC, which also shreds.