Definitely do not recommend

{-sapob-}

Dec 17, 2008
Im pretty sure we've all came accross something thats just so bad that you need to tell someone, and warn them to not make the same mistake.

So basically the opposite of the recommendations thread.

I'll start.

My nod goes to the terrorizer magazines special unsigned edition of fear candy. Ok there are usually 1 or 2 good tracks, but its almost not worth it for the ear slaughter you have to endure before getting the goods.

The thing that makes recommendation threads so useful is that there is so much trash out there. Finding the diamonds in the rough is a rare thing, and worth sharing. Music is a perfect example of this. The majority of music is bad. We could fill the internet listening horrible things, but that seems like a waste of time.

i do not recommend the majority of black metal, especially those bands with the horribly skinny production and the drums devoid of any rhythm or variance

also i don't recommend debussey, the new pestilence album, the old pestilence albums, john mclaughlin, ALOT of coltrane (sometimes he can be a notorious wanker), nocturnus, glenn miller, django or any gypsy-jazz, sun ra, metalcore and its offshoots, nirvana and grunge, chuck loeb (stay the fuck away from chuck and anything hes associated with) foo fighters and many more

I DO recommend: DEFEATED SANITY, cryptopsy's first album, motw, bill evans, kurt rosenwinkel, shawn lane, JOE PASS, charlie parker, pat metheny, MIKE STERN, jim hall, the sea and cake, tortoise, spawn of possession, DON ROSS, a tribe called quest, meshuggah

used to listen to any metal i could get my hands on for about 2 years, the heavier and darker the better. then i slowly started to listen to other things and began to realise that everything started to sound a bit similar (happens with pretty much every genre though, the deeper you delve the more similarities you pick up on).
as for 'everyday' bands, the only ones that make regular appearances on the playlist are opeth, enslaved and emperor.

but generally the only metal i really enjoy anymore is
Opeth
Enslaved
Mastodon
Akercocke
Emperor
Cynic
DSO
Blut Aus Nord
Dissection

and even then its kinda rare that i listen to anymore than the 3 i mentioned(rapin mastodons new album atm). but those bands i consider pretty fucking good, didnt bother mentioning classic bands either cuz its pretty much a given

You are all so fucking cool for not liking metal. Really, I hope I can become like you when I grow up. Fuck, you people are awesome.

I'd say there's not a lot of metal that's really high quality and unique music but there is a lot that's just fun to listen to.