Demonoid coversong - any suggestions?

Jul 30, 2007
Hi guys and gals!

We´re probably gonna try to record the obligatory coversong to use maybe as a bonus track or something.
Does anybody here have any ideas? Anything you´d like to hear us play?
Love to hear your ideas!

/kristian

What are you thinking about covering?
Other death metal bands?
If so how about some early Death (anything from Spiritual Healing) or Autopsy (Dark Crusade)
or "pop" bands?
If so then perhaps Michael Jackson (Thriller), Led Zeppelin (Communication Breakdown, Ramble On)
or you could try something from a soundtrack like "the Imperial March".
Just a few suggestions, if you gave some hints to what you've thought of, perhaps it will be easier to come up with more qualified suggestions ;)

Some totally fucked up suggestions, most of them are probably useless:
* King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man (with fucked up guitar solo)
* Electric Sun - Earthquake (I DARE YOU!)
* Laibach - God is God
* Living Colour - Cult of Personality
* Some old Uriah Heap tune from Demons and Wizards
* Queen - The Prophets Song (in a very dark and gloomy version with loads of contrast between aggressive and moody throughout the song).
* Apache. There used to be a billion covers of this 40 years ago, but it has loads of arpeggios, good melody, and some parts that I think translate pretty well to death :)

Can Caligula sing clean?

While hearing your rendition of Sails of Charon would be fun (and a challenge), it has been done a million times. Some pop (Madonna, etc) would be cool, but only if it is as well translated as that old obscure band did Summernight City.

By the way, could you please be my hero and tell me the chord progression for the clean solo in Hunger? It's the only demonoid solo that I can vaguely transcribe since I noticed that the harmony was split in stereo :p

Cheers,
Jacob.

Haha, covering King Crimson was actually my first thought!
All suggestions are welcome. Keep ´em coming.
Im not sure there will be time to do this but we will try.
Cheers,
/kristian

Smooth!

You should get a keyboard player, man. It would open up so many awesome posibilities. Guitar/Bass/Drums/Vocals is getting old ;)
*hint hint* Uli Jon Roth brought a guy to the last Sky Academy, and he was fucking awesome. He didn't seem to be involved in anything major though *hint hint*

EDIT: I'm bored as hell today, gotta listen through some Crimson and make some good suggestions. This is fun.

King Crimson - Frame by Frame:
This is what I would do:
  • Replace the funky guitars with really crunchy, brutal, low-register rythm.
  • Replace the super fast bass-line with wild high-register lead.
  • Replace the congas with blast-beats.
  • Replace the keyboards from 1:07-~1:20 with an ultra-wicked guitar scream (think end of Melez on Celebrators of the Becoming).
  • End it off with a majestically fucked guitar solo.

But I guess you can come up wiht something much cooler yourself :p

Hi Kristian... im Ignacio from Chile.
I'd like to listen some cover from Deicide (like Serpents of the Light or Sacrificial Suicide) or Morbid Angel (Rapture, Pain Divine, Dominate). Something about Death Metal.
Or maybe something like black metal too, like "I am the black wizards" from Emperor or "Battles in the North" from Immortal.

Anyway, Thrash covers isn't bad idea too (Slayer's Chemical Warfare, Sodom's Agent Orange, Kreator's Tormentor...)

I hope to help you in the search of covers.

Greetings from Chile!!!!

Howdy Howdy....

My Suggestions: Budgie - Panzer Division Destroyed (This song is so awesome, and it's not even metal...yet!)

Ayreon - Shooting Company of Captain Franz B. Cocq

Carcass - Firm Hand

Mastodon - Workhorse

If you guys ever make it Canada, I'll never be happier to crap my pants.

Thank y´all very much for all cool suggestions. We have finally decided upon a merry melody which we will commit to tape (or to the harddisk of course as we´re in the modern age of recording :)
Cheers!
/kristian