DEVILDRIVER's DEZ FAFARA: Groping Crowd-Surfing Females Is 'Tantamount To Rape'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
In a recent interview with Australia's Rockersphere (hear audio below), DEVILDRIVER's Dez Fafara was asked for his opinion on STAIND frontman Aaron Lewis' explosive, expletive-filled rant from the stage on May 31 at Rockfest in Kansas City, after he saw a number of concertgoers apparently "molesting" a teenage girl who was trying to crowd-surf. "First of all, Aaron and I are good friends, but I'm not familiar with the incident which you are talking about," Dez said. "But I will speak on the groping of females in the pit or if they're crowd surfing. I mean, of course, it's wrong — it's completely wrong — and if I see it, I'll stop a show for sure. Gentlemen should be just that — gentlemen. That's why we're in there, and that's why metal people are in there — to have a good time, not to be groping people; that's tantamount to rape. So no, I'm not into that one bit. And if I do see someone doing that, I will stop the crowd. I don't put up with any of that kind of shit." During STAIND's Rockfest concert, Lewis abruptly stopped the song "Something To Remind You" and began shouting, "Listen up you fucking assholes, that girl over right there is like 15 fucking years old and you pieces of sshit are molesting her while she’s on the fucking crowd. Your fucking mothers should be ashamed of themselves, you pieces of shit." Lewis didn't stop there, threatening the alleged culprits with physical violence. The entire incident was captured on video and posted online. DEVILDRIVER's latest album, "Winter Kills", sold around 11,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 32 on The Billboard 200 chart. This figure is in line with the opening number of DEVILDRIVER's fifth CD, "Beast", which also shifted 11,000 units back in February 2011 to land at No. 42.

More...