OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
From Devin's Official Website:

HDR NEWS
October 26 2005

Synchestra was a very enjoyable experience for Devin. He worked on this project stress-free and he did practically everything from song writing to mastering and engineering. There are 13 songs on this record, with five or six "big" songs. Synchestra is a very refreshing change from the rest of the DT catalogue, the style will remind you some previous works like "Terria" or "Ocean Machine". Steve Vai will play a guitar solo on the song "Triumph" and It's an honour for Devin to have Steve involved on a project like Synchestra.
I can't wait for the new album! :worship:

And lately, I can't get enough of "Funeral" - Especially in headphones! It's just brilliant. I've been listening every night to this before bed. Devin is just the man.

I am familiar with his work in SYL and I have a Steve Vai album with him doing vox, but I am not familiar with Devin solo...can anyone give me some background on his work?

Thanks!:kickass:

That Vai album is great.

Solo, he is a mixture of heavy stuff like SYL and Fear Factory mixed with more ambient or groove oriented rock like Pink Floyd. His vocals are always very powerful and lush, and he goes from beautiful multi-part vocals to these brutal, emotional screams.

My two favorite albums by him are Ocean Machine and Terria. Both of those are pure genius, and worth the time to listen to and get familiar with.

The Human Equation was a record that many Ayreon fans either loved or hated. Personally, I loved it. It could have been the theme that made people not like it, I mean, most of his fans wanted another Electric Castle or something like that.

Anyway, Devin's work with SYL is really cool. I only have City, but the album is full of humor and crazy singing, kind of like Faith No More or Mr. Bungle on steroids. I think "Room 429" is a cover. That song would be perfect for a horror flick.