Dig this: I'm a teacher and I just used CoB in my first lesson!

Authentic Metalhead said:
One of my ambitions is to become an English teacher. If the rate of intellectual decline in younger generations continues like it is, then I'll have a lot of work to do. :erk:

you'll have to buy a whip. that'll make things interesting.

aye, it behooves me to see the trusted guardians of our english heritage utilizing it in a incorrect, nay monstrous, grammatical construction. woe to ye that speak with "like". thus spake i, grammar nazi o'er the land.

Söy said:
aye, it behooves me to see the trusted guardians of our english heritage utilizing it in a incorrect, nay monstrous, grammatical construction. woe to ye that speak with "like". thus spake i, grammar nazi o'er the land.

I say "like" a lot when I talk. It sucks.

Söy said:

Agh, I HATE THAT!! I have noticed that at least 96% of people have no respect for grammar, spelling, or writing. Not that you have to be the greatest writer of all time, but at least be able to have cohesive conversations and form your own writing/talking style. :mad:

thought as much...

you can distract me later as i do my homework

oh go to sleep... i dont need to be guilt-tripped for your missing lunch mwahhahah

Söy said:

Ah! Remember, Shakespeare himself was considered vulgar and improper in his day. You are witnessing history in the making, like, this very moment!

Remember; "Strawberries best ripen when neighboored by fruits of a baser quality"

Thus spake the Earl of Canterburry.

I think capturing their imaginations using music is a brilliant way to encourage them, although i'm not surprised that you got pulled up by the head teacher, it's usually things they don't understand that they try to stamp on.
I think using something as diverse as music is going to give you that added respect from them and hopefully get more out of them. Good Luck with the teaching!

JausmetalJ said:
Damn dude..
Thats really fucking cool, Congratulations on the job, and good luck for the rest of the year.

I wish I had a cool Eng teacher.

+1

it would have been awesome to be in a class where the teacher is into metal. unfortunately my classmates are not into metal :cry:
some of them are even afraid of metalheads :lol:

p.s. about the english, yeah it's like surfer talk if you know what i mean.

You and my history teacher would get along awesomely...
he tought us the siginificants of how metal was revoluionized and was the first non violent revoloution!

^I LOVE your avatar! Alesi looks so damn....innocent? I love the expression on his face. Damn, what's the word for it!!!!

Fury of the Storm: Last year, when they weren't so strict about "no cds in school" I played some Bodom, but only for like 20 mins.