disrespect towards metal

CaGeD iN

Wandering on Ypres Rd.
i cant stand how everyone thinks that metal is garbage and untalented shit, despite having some of the most talented musicians. Sure i know that growls take a while to get used to and like, but christ. Speaking of christ, i was playing panzerchrist when my mom wasnt home (or so i thought) so i had the door open, and it went

"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off. He's a tight-ass. He's a sadist. He's an absentee landlord. Worship that? Never."

she fucking started yelling and scared the shit out of me and kept saying how i am becoming satanic. Just to get on her good side i said i would let her burn the cd, so i gave her a blank cd and she burned it. I keep telling my parents im atheist, but they think i just am trying to piss them off, even though the numerous fights we got into they bring up how i should pray to god and apologize for disrespecting the commandments, and i have said fuck god plenty of times...

Back to the disrespect though, people that know i like metal keep saying to never EVER let a girl know that, and im thinking if she judges me by the music i listen to she can go suck my dick (if shes hot). Everyone just judges me as being an angry person due to me liking metal. I have met three people that like "metal" one just likes CoF and CoB and didnt look any further, the other two like gorgoroth and stuff like that but dont go very deep into the genre (both are outspoken CoF fans) i'll admit i like some CoF but dani's balls need to drop. One of them is the only one who likes what i listen to. Everyone else starts bitching despite it being my car. Does metal make me angry? no, but disrespect to me and the genre does.

im just wondering if any of you guys (and girls) have the same problem and how you deal with it.

I used to get defensive and pissed every time someone would start bashing metal, but I eventually got over it when I accepted that metal cannot be understood by everyone and will always be subject to detractors. Sometimes I even partake in bashing metal (usually jokingly) because it can be pretty generic sometimes.

Nobody says such things to me anymore, but they used to when they thought I was less strong-willed than they (usually a function of age). Now they say snide things behind my back instead. However, I also have enough control over my life that no one needs to know I listen to metal, and I avoid people who have issues with it or my intense truthfulness.

I don't give a shit what they say about metal, I ignore it and walk away.

Also before someone says something bad about another genre of music, realize your fucking hypocrisy before you attack another genre of music with no regard for your lack of knowledge on it. You're doing just what you so despise when it is directed towards metal.

Why the fuck do you all even give a shit about people or critics disrespecting metal? That is one of the better attributes of the music. And if people want to judge a society or a group of people because of music they listen to, than they really do not diserve to live.

To be quite honest, I think metalheads are the worst of them all when it comes to being opinionated.

I don't give a shit what they say about metal, I ignore it and walk away.

Also before someone says something bad about another genre of music, realize your fucking hypocrisy before you attack another genre of music with no regard for your lack of knowledge on it. You're doing just what you so despise when it is directed towards metal.

This.

That said, if someone bad mouths [awesome death metal band here] and then goes off and listens to Brittany Spears... you pretty much have to kill them.