Do these guys have solos?

DeFy

MAJESTIK MASSACRE
Jun 15, 2004
Swamphell
Borknager - haven't heard their shit yet but from what I hear they are pretty killer.

But whats up with the guitar solos? do they have 'em and are they fast? oh yea are these guys Melodic too?

They have more "leads" than the traditional "wank on the whammy bar and play fast doodly notes".
but there is a few of what I would call solos...they're all awesome too.

Check out the solo at the end of Colossus...that song is a masterpiece.

They are quite melodic..and also, they do have songs that are complete instrumentals..But if you want a lot of solos..listen to some power metal...

Oceana said:
guitar solos arent that important, but there are some :headbang:

for a guitar player like myself. Solos are the heart of the song. Not all bands though need solos and and 'melodic' guitar solos not 'slayer' guitar solos are fuckin' talented and the fastest part out the song for most bands. Riffs and Leads etc.. are right with it.

dia_hain said:
They are quite melodic..and also, they do have songs that are complete instrumentals..But if you want a lot of solos..listen to some power metal...

blah. Sonata Artica and Blind Guardian are cool but I'm not really into that shit.. Melodic Death Fuckin' Metal is my shit and DEATH METAL guitar solos happens to be in that category too.

Oh yea, Alexi Laiho from Bodom I heard does a guest solo with them too.. is that true?

laiho with borknagar? you must be kidding... i dont like laiho at all, im tired of all that place solo here and there without any meaning at all... as i said before, solos arent that important... it's nice if it adds some feeling to the song, but not if it's only wanky stuff

blah. Sonata Artica and Blind Guardian are cool but I'm not really into that shit.. Melodic Death Fuckin' Metal is my shit and DEATH METAL guitar solos happens to be in that category too.
If you like melodic death metal...you should check out Vehemence...Every song on both of their albums kick ass...they have 2 MP3's on www.scissors.tk if you don't like to download from shared files sites...I highly recommend them...

No-one else than the Borknadettes are playing solos on the albums.

If you like GREAT solos check out Nevermore. Jeff Loomis is god!

- Asgeir

Nevermore are cool but a little to overrated.. and Vehemence is good melodic brutal death metal but brutal cephlic carnage metal isn't my type of metal.

Can you compare Borknager to any of these bands (my favorite bands) if so, i gotta check them out.

Kalmah
Children Of Bodom
Arch Enemy
Norther
The Black Dahlia Murder
The Forsaken
Nightrage (At The Gates and The Crown too)
Divine Souls
Omnium Gatherum
Amon Amarth
Skyfire
Sinergy
Dark Tranquillty
The Haunted
God Forbid
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
Carcass
Carnal Forge
Carnage

DeFy said:
Nevermore are cool but a little to overrated.. and Vehemence is good melodic brutal death metal but brutal cephlic carnage metal isn't my type of metal.

Can you compare Borknager to any of these bands (my favorite bands) if so, i gotta check them out.

Kalmah
Children Of Bodom
Arch Enemy
Norther
The Black Dahlia Murder
The Forsaken
Divine Souls
Omnium Gatherum
Amon Amarth
Skyfire
Sinergy
Dark Tranquillty
The Haunted
God Forbid
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
Carcass
Carnal Forge
Carnage

Why don't you just check 'em out before asking all these question? You won't be dissapointed, I'm sure !!

Kalmah - no
Children Of Bodom - no
Arch Enemy - no
Norther - no
The Black Dahlia Murder - no
The Forsaken - no
Nightrage (At The Gates and The Crown too) - no, no, no
Divine Souls - no
Omnium Gatherum - no
Amon Amarth - no
Skyfire - no
Sinergy - no
Dark Tranquillty - no
The Haunted - no
God Forbid - no
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - no
Carcass - no
Carnal Forge - no
Carnage - no

DeFy said:

Kalmah
Children Of Bodom
Arch Enemy
Norther
The Black Dahlia Murder
The Forsaken
Divine Souls
Omnium Gatherum
Amon Amarth
Skyfire
Sinergy
Dark Tranquillty
The Haunted
God Forbid
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
Carcass
Carnal Forge
Carnage

Borknagar is better than all of those bands there is really no comparison...Although I do have a fondness for Amon Amarth and Carcass...

Well I finnaly heard Borknagar for the first time I downloaded a couple of songs just to hear them first.

I wouldn't say Borknagar is better than all those bands I mentioned but they are cool.

I didn't know that he sang and growled they are a good band, whats like their best CD so I can go buy it.

if you are more into proggy get quintessence, empiricism and epic and if you are into more folky get borknagar, the olden domain and the archaic course

That's a good explanation. I personally would narrow it down even further...

Get Archaic Course - If you like a more traditional style... less keys or experimental stuff, more guitar driven and folkish, "simpler" than their newer stuff, but I mean that in the BEST way possible. This is my personal favorite Borknagar CD.

Get Epic - If you like stuff that's a little more "out there"... stuff that's kind of proggy, and will take you to places you would not normally expect to go in metal. If you're open to hearing different things, this is the one to get.

Both of those are amazing, in my opinion... but for very different reasons. Get them both! Then after that, get all the rest! :)

~Robert