Do you listen to any other genres?

Deathshade27

New Metal Member
Sep 7, 2015
If yes, what?

Personally, over 90% of my music listening time is metal (it's just so damn diverse!), all sub-genres except black, power, nu, math and all the "cores." I mostly listen to prog metal/rock, thrash and death.

Other genres that I like include: jazz, blues, rock, classical music, flamenco, a bit grunge, and I don't know what genre they fall under but, Rodrigo y Gabriela. I tried to like other genres like rap and pop, but just couldn't. I'm open to suggestions, however. :)

Last edited:
I like some of Burzum's ambient material. I like some progressive rock as well, like Rush.

Reactions: LKoNg
Yeah a like other genres. I listen to a lot of prog a lot of 70s hard rock. Some electronic music , ambient music. Lots of 60s psy bands and blues and punk/new wave. I love Steven Wilson and porcupine tree too.

I also like a lot of straight ahead 60s rock like The Animals and The Yardbirds. Grunge is good as well, but I personally see it as a type of metal.

Reactions: CiG
Prog rock, noise rock, post-punk, funk, and soul make up most of my non-metal listening. Plus all my autismal video game music.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Prog rock
Post rock
Some punk
Some pop-punk
Classical
Film soundtracks
Dubstep
Some ambient
Speed rap and death rap
Some jazz

Mostly prog rock, and i LOVE Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson. Besides, post rock and some indie pop/rock, and a bit of punk and electronic music.

You're a fan of Necro I assume?
Fuckin' right. Necro is awesome.

When it comes to rap I like, I don't like many projects but this is what I do like:

Necro
Brotha Lynch Hung
Twisted Insane
Tech N9ne
Ill Bill
X-Raided
Some Hopsin songs (although I really hate that thing he does where he raps at a normal volume then he will rap one word really LOUDLY for no reason other than a shock effect)
The Rangers
Snow Tha Product
Twista
Old Eminem (say what you want, the first couple Eminem albums rule)
Busta Rhymes
Coolio (I remember him having cool songs when I was a kid)
Wu-Tang Clan

Reactions: CiG
I listen to various other genres including blues, pop, country and folk. Plus rock/classic rock stuff as well.

I listen to heavy rock and prog from the 1970s, post-punk, dream pop, ambient, noise, darkwave, shoegaze, neofolk, industrial, blues and film and game soundtracks. There's other stuff, but that's the bulk of it.

Not really genre-specific, but I've always had phases where for a year or more I'd primarily listen to a single band. Started a long time ago with Queen, then Deep Purple (rock), Red Hot Chili Peppers (funk/rap/whatever), a short Blues phase (Muddy Waters & BB King), Buty(jazz/pop), Rammstein, etc... I still enjoy listening to some of those artists from time to time and I still play some blues and simple jazz stuff on my guitar daily. Makes things a bit more "colorful" as it gives a nice contrast to harder genres and it's always nice to have some other influences help keep an open mind for when I write my own little songs.

I listen to heavy rock and prog from the 1970s, post-punk, dream pop, ambient, noise, darkwave, shoegaze, neofolk, industrial, blues and film and game soundtracks. There's other stuff, but that's the bulk of it.

I'm interested in listening to some dream pop, what is you favorite stuff from this genre?

I'm interested in listening to some dream pop, what is you favorite stuff from this genre?

Early Cocteau Twins and Jesus and Mary Chain. A lot of it also borders on post-punk or shoegaze, so things like The Chameleons too. I think that the Cocteaus are the best though.