Does SX Ever Play Seven Live?

Feb 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
I was wondering if SX ever plays the song "Seven" off Paradise Lost live...when I saw them in NYC in April they played everything off Paradise Lost except that and "The Sacrifice". And as awesome as the show was otherwise I was dissapointed because thats one of my favorites of Paradise Lost. The last time SX was near me (Starland Ballroom in NJ) I wasn't able to go, and there are no videos of SX playing Seven live as far as I've seen...has anyone seen them play it live, or do they just not play it for some reason?

No, they've never played it. That song has one of MJR's best solos from the record; if not the most melodic.

But I'd be a hypocrite if I joined you on the "they should play it" bandwagon. IMO that slot would be better filled with "Pharaoh" or "The Edge Of Forever".

Yeah dude I love that solo with the crazy sweep and apreggio tapping and shit...I did more research and apparently that song is almost impossible to play live...so I can't really blame them...especially considering how much amazing shit they play as it is.

BTW your sig is awesome

I'd also like to know why it's nearly impossible to play. I really doesn't seem like it is...

I'd love to see it live. Sure, it's not one of my favorites from PL, but the whole middle instrumental part with the bass solo and the evil groove thing is just amazing.

I was wondering if SX ever plays the song "Seven" off Paradise Lost live...when I saw them in NYC in April they played everything off Paradise Lost except that and "The Sacrifice". And as awesome as the show was otherwise I was dissapointed because thats one of my favorites of Paradise Lost. The last time SX was near me (Starland Ballroom in NJ) I wasn't able to go, and there are no videos of SX playing Seven live as far as I've seen...has anyone seen them play it live, or do they just not play it for some reason?

I would like to see how Mike pulls off the insane intro live.

But I'd be a hypocrite if I joined you on the "they should play it" bandwagon. IMO that slot would be better filled with "Pharaoh" or "The Edge Of Forever".

Agreed, no "Seven" live. It's certainly the weakest, or at least most obvious and generic, song off of PL.

At the same time, I have never once left my place at a SX gig, but if they played "Pharaoh" I'd be hitting up the bathroom or beer-room.

yea I agree, Pharaoh might possibly be my least favorite non S/T Symphony X song ever. Some songs that I didnt care for much have actually grown on me a lot over the years (like Incantations of the Apprentice) but Pharaoh (while I dont HATE it) never really does anything for me. Seven would be cool live but theres plenty of other unplayed live songs I would rather hear first