Dream Theater - Train of Thought

It's funny to read the first few pages on this thread with people actually trying to predict how ToT was going to sound, hey Dream Theater is not like Symphony X, you cant predict how they will sound with each album.

And in case you are wondering, YES I am saying Symphony X is probably the most predictable so called "prog" band out there. I like them, but it doesn't take away the fact everyone pretty much knows how their next album is going to sound.

But what's even funnier is to read the last couple of pages of this thread. I like this board. :D

anconar said:
I can't wait for the new DT album. I thought 6 degress was good (the first disc is awesome, the second is ok).

Six Degrees (the first disc) has been in my CD player for weeks now. I love that album! The Glass Prison and Blind Faith are two of my favorite DT songs ever (the former being my favorite), and Misunderstood and The Great Debate rock, too (they're both "mood pieces", though). And I LOVE Disappear (especially that section just after four minutes in)...it's so emotional.

Disc two of Six Degrees kind of bores me. The Test That Stumped Them All and About To Crash (Reprise) are cool, but the whole song in general I find to be sub-par for DT. The ending is kind of cool, though.

Goddamn people quit complaining about such and such ripped this off from so and so's band. Its enough already. Every band gets its roots from somewhere. I personally think the album kicks lots of ass. I dont even care if they ripped off any music from maiden, metallica, etc. Its a good cd and im going to enjoy it while you argue over a pointless subject.

Yngvai X already deleted it, but it was some stupid comment made by an alleged friend taking random shots against each member of DT. Indeed one of the stupidest things I've read ever.

SymphonyOfDreams said:
Yngvai X already deleted it, but it was some stupid comment made by an alleged friend taking random shots against each member of DT. Indeed one of the stupidest things I've read ever.

Well, it was the "alleged" friend who asked me to take it down. You really think I'm stupid enough to post something I wrote taking shots against the DT members? :rolleyes:

ShredManWalking said:
Hey guys, has anyone gotten "Train of Thought" yet? Reviews on Amazon.com and many other places have said the album is great. I would like some feedback from some people who have gotten the album.

Thanks!
I have never been so addicted to a CD. I think that pretty much answers your question?

The album is amazing, I love it. Dream Theater has my whole respect for this album, it rocks every minute. I have written a review in Norwegian, but im sorry guys, have'nt got the guts to translate it! :erk:
Go buy the cd, im in heaven for the next month, don't bother, jus take me As I Am! :tickled:

Velocity said:
The album is amazing, I love it. Dream Theater has my whole respect for this album, it rocks every minute. I have written a review in Norwegian, but im sorry guys, have'nt got the guts to translate it! :erk:
Go buy the cd, im in heaven for the next month, don't bother, jus take me As I Am! :tickled:

I totally agree with you, the new Dream Theater album is really amazing :) . My brother keeps playing it 24 / 7 and I like it.

i totally disagree.

the albums is not amazing at all, it's boring.

their weakest release till now IMO.

In fact, the rap part is'nt not bad. It's like a really fast groove (typical fast OSI, shutdown groove) and labrie keep singin in the same speed. I have to say that Endelss Sacrifice, Stream of Consciousness and In The Name of God are my favorites till now! The part at 06:27 in Endless Sacrifice is a totally killer theme!