Dream Theater

U2 ? Must have missed that one

I Walk Beside You from Octavarium sounds a LOT like U2.

Also, you can hear the Muse oozing out of songs like Panic Attack, Never Enough :)ill:), and Prophets of War.

All I can say is the opening riff for Forsaken gets me on my feet everytime, and I really like the whole song as well

Me too. I think it's one of their most tasteful and wank-free songs. Constant Motion isn't half-bad, either, save for the intro/outro and obvious Metallica rip-off sound.

Ya know ? I dont even have a clue who Muse is

Im not sure why DT does the cloneing of other bands sounds, and styles but I have to say, I think its more of a tribute because they dont try to mask it what so ever, they make it totally obvious. Theres even one part on Systematic Chaos where theres a riff and groove that seems almost exactly like that song "Let the Bodys Hit the Floor", maybe this is who Muse is ? Then they have done all the live covers of bands, they obviously like, or they wouldnt. So the way I see it is... Dream Theater burned up alot of ground with their first albums. They have put multiple pieces in songs many bands would have made individual songs out of. With a twenty year career behind them and the massive volumn of ideas and techniques they put into all that.... I could really care less how they go about putting together their music this late in their career. I've seen alot of musicians dry up much quicker and BADLY, and I cant think of any that were revolutional in thier later years. There really is more important things to get worked up about.

DT has always been very upfront about the bands/artists that influenced them during the writing process. I remember one of their dvd's had Portnoy showing us "inspiration corner." It was basically a bunch of cd's the band had collectively gathered and were listening to while creating the new album.

Also, you can hear the Muse oozing out of songs like Panic Attack, Never Enough :)ill:), and Prophets of War.

I only wish they'd have emulated Muse's older material, which is far superior than their most recent efforts.

Ya know ? I dont even have a clue who Muse is

Im not sure why DT does the cloneing of other bands sounds, and styles but I have to say, I think its more of a tribute because they dont try to mask it what so ever, they make it totally obvious. Theres even one part on Systematic Chaos where theres a riff and groove that seems almost exactly like that song "Let the Bodys Hit the Floor", maybe this is who Muse is ? Then they have done all the live covers of bands, they obviously like, or they wouldnt. So the way I see it is... Dream Theater burned up alot of ground with their first albums. They have put multiple pieces in songs many bands would have made individual songs out of. With a twenty year career behind them and the massive volumn of ideas and techniques they put into all that.... I could really care less how they go about putting together their music this late in their career. I've seen alot of musicians dry up much quicker and BADLY, and I cant think of any that were revolutional in thier later years. There really is more important things to get worked up about.

Muse are a sort of prog band from the UK, very good actually.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNaMPhrypYk&feature=related[/ame]

I like Images & Words and Scenes From A Memory a lot.

The rest does nothing for me though.

I think I'm with you...I get bored with them...I usually like what I hear and then after repeated listens, I'm done. I thought the more I listened to SFAM, the more I'd get into it, but it was the opposite.

I think I'm with you...I get bored with them...I usually like what I hear and then after repeated listens, I'm done. I thought the more I listened to SFAM, the more I'd get into it, but it was the opposite.

Exactly the same with me. Although, I have to admit it literally took 5 years and 150+ listens for my love of Scenes from a Memory to dwindle.