Dream Theaters latest classic album cover

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
They have done the entire albums of MAster of Puppets and Number of the beast in the past.

Basically, they cover an entire classic album whenever they play 2 dates in the same city.

The classic album for this tour is........
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon :worship:

With Teressa Thompson on vocals and a saxamaphone player as well

uhhh. I guess I'm the only one not excited. I don't particularly want to hear the EXACT SAME SONGS with a different vocalist.

That's what Master of Puppets was and I didn't hear their NOTB. Petrucci also thoroughly underamazed me on Puppets.

Yeah, this show will be available in due time.

DSOTM is without a doubt one of the greatest albums ever recorded.

Ceydn... I hear what you are saying, but no doubt if Metallica did something similar, you would be all over it yeah?

They still do a regular set of their material for around 2 hours... This album cover thing is just for the Encore.. which is pretty fuckin cool. Then after they played DSOTM, they did 2 more of their own encore songs including The Spirit Carries on with Theresa Thompson

Nup. Can't remember why! Probably because I'm a tool.

Should gets that one and the two bootielegs. Maybe.

Any idea if the When Dream and Day Reunite DVD is any good?

Yeah it is great.
It's the whole album done last year but with James instead of Charlie.
Unfortunately James tends to sound a bit whiney on a few occasions, but he nails most of it.

Its worth it though just for the special encore of To Live for Ever where Charlie comes on stage to sing with James, and then the final encore of Met Pt 1 with Charlie, James, Jordan, Mike, John, John and...... DEREK :headbang:
He's a cool cat.

The backstage and rehearsal footage is great and so is the audio commentary.... and it even has interviews and live concerts from 1989 when the album was first released. WELL worth the price you'll pay.

But get YMC as well

Spruce Goose said:
Ceydn... I hear what you are saying, but no doubt if Metallica did something similar, you would be all over it yeah?

No doubt, but I wouldn't be a fanboy if I didn't ;)

But then again, Metallica aren't musically talented enough to cover a song note for note... they always put their own spins on them.

Hell, I enjoyed Limp Bizkit's cover of Sanitarium (except for the solo *shudder*) because they did it in their own style. Can't bring a good song down.