Drinking horns?

i dont know how to bee wax them

http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/horn/dhorn.html
Code:
Wax.
Beeswax is preferred, although you won't be able to drink anything hot out of it (However since hot liquids may not be really good for the horn ANYWAY...). Melt some wax in a double boiler (this is just to ensure that the wax stays liquid long enough for you to coat the inside of the horn), being careful since the wax is flammable. Heat the horn in the oven (150 deg or so will be more than sufficient. Heating the horn is just to keep the wax from hardening as soon as you pour it in). Pour in some of the molten wax, and slosh it around to coat the inside with a thin layer, then pour out the excess, then (with the oven switched OFF) stand the horn upended in the oven with something underneath to catch the drippings. This will ensure a thin coating of wax over the inside of the horn. If putting the horn in the oven makes you nervous, you can heat it by dipping it in boiling water, or with a blow-dryer. With the horn heated up above the temp. of the melted wax, you can slosh the wax around without it hardening instantly, and you should be able to dump out the excess wax. The waxing process can be repeated at later times as you feel it is needed. The bees wax can impart a faint honey-like flavor to beverages, but that's not so bad.

i wanna get them
but i dont know how to bee wax them

First of all, when you buy "pairs" from Tandys, they are not just "two horns" - they are the matching set of horns (as in they will be the same size and colour etc). If you just want two horns, you can get them there at a much cheaper price. An unfinished horn that fits one beer will run between 10 and 15 bucks, depending on colouring and shape etc. The pairs are for when you want to make fancy stuff, like we do in my group, to sell to a bride and groom for their wedding or something like that.

Really, again, to wax, you melt the wax (either at very low heat in the oven or you put an empty can inside a cookingpot with water in it and heat the water while you stir the wax as it melts). Then you slowly pour the wax into the horn, turning the horn as you pour, so that you end up coating the entire inside.

Really, the waxing is very simple. It's finishing the outside that can be tricky, depending on how shiny you want the horn, if you want scrimshaw work on it, if you want a true Viking horn or if you just want to laquer it etc.

I happen to stumble across this thread while looking for a rim for drinking horns. I belong to the SCA which is a medieval recreation society. Anyway, as for your horn it sounds like it should be cleaned, seasoned and waxed. You can clean it with rather hot water and dishsoap. Let the water stand and replace when cool. Do this a few times. Then put in beer or whatever you normally drink from it. Let this stand over night. This gets rid of the natural horn smell. Then you want to seal with beeswax. If the bottom leaks you can melt some and pour in the bottom. If you should make a mistake and it doesnt look good after you polish etc. you can put it in the oven on 200 for a bit and start over. There are metal tips avail for horns as well as rims. Hope that helps.

t-corne_a_boire.jpg

Just found this one, a unique hand made drinking horn that can contain up to 66cl and it's already coated , still it's a little bit too expensive :s pouah

I've got a 0,7 liter horn for the last gig of the Full of Hate tour. It was waxed and all, but it really smelled. I washed it a few times with warm water, but the smell stayed. I put beer in it anyways and drank from it during the Horn Break in Amon Amarth's set. If was cool, but very disgusting :(

Here's the auction I bought it from:

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=350176998888

I don't understand the German completely, any important things I might have missed? What was that service for € 1,- extra?