Drumagog with lower velocities/ghost notes

Dec 28, 2005
Hey guys, having a bit of an issue here with SD2/Drumagog.

I programmed my drum track in Guitar Pro, and loaded the midi into Reaper. Obviously, GP doesn't have much in the way of editing as far as the velocities go, so I have to edit them manually in Reaper's midi map. Okay, so far, not a problem.

The problem comes in when using Drumagog to trigger the snare (using the gog that Morgoe posted a few weeks or so back.) On this particular track I'm going for a lot of ghost notes. Now, they trigger when using SD2's standard snare. However, with the gog on the track, they won't trigger at all - only the original "full-strength" hit does. It's pissing me off a little bit. Even when raising the velocities up to the 60-70 range (as GP's ghost notes = velocity of 50), it triggers one of the louder samples in the gog, rather than a softer one.

I'm much of a noob in the way of using replacement, so hopefully there's an easy solution to this rather than having to, say, trigger every hit individually or something like that.

Perhaps I have to go in and set the note in the map to a different one, maybe the note assigned to the snare flam/roll functions in SD2?