E.A. Poe

metal17

May 21, 2002
North Bethesda, Maryland
Ok it's 4:33AM here and I can't sleep so I decided to come online...anyhow I was very intrigued when I read this printed on the back of an album cover----------->

"How is it that from beauty I have derived a type of unloveliness?
from the covenant of piece a simili of sorrow?
But as, in ethics, evil is a consequence of good,
so, in fact, out of joy is sorrow born"
- E.A. Poe

Does anyone know any good websites where I can find more writing from this person?

Edgar Allan Poe rocks!!! :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:
I's read almost everything that he's ever written, with the exception of his collected philosophies in the book Eureka (but I's read most of them in another book).
I's first fell in love with Poe's work many years ago when, like many others, I's watched The Simpsons version of hsi classic poem The Raven on their 1st Halloween Special.
Poe wrot eboth prose and poetry and practically invented the notion of "psycho-analyises" half a century before Sigmand Frued did. His works almost always deal with the themes of love & loss, the darker side of the soul/psyche and the notion of "the other" in everyday life.
Works ya'll must read of his include the poems: The City In The Sea, The Conqueror Worm, Eldorado, Ulalume, The Bells, Silence -A Sonnet and Alone. Short stories ya'll should read are: The Tell Tale Heart, The Fall Of The House of Usher, The Masque of The Red Death, The Cask of Amontillado and The Pit and the Pendulum.
Good luck reading these, metal17. Nothing beats a good bit of Poe.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Reactions: Tee