Eclipsed by Sanity

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
Emergenza in a concert article:

"Eclipsed By Sanity was an insanely good metal band composed of young fresh and energetic members. They were organized and on point. They had a tight set with astounding guitar solos and an excellent front man."
Eclipsed By Sanity is a great blend of Progressive Power and Thrash metal including its fair share of melody, harmonization, and in your face guitar work. E.B.S.'s influences range from early Metallica and Iron Maiden to Children of Bodom and Lamb of God.

For those who haven't heard, my son Patrick (the.Lost.Hatter) fronts this band of talented musicians. They now have a few shows booked and they are playing soon at a venue near you! ...if you live on the west side of Atlanta that is. heh heh - Check it out:

also, a show has been booked at Swayze's in Marietta on Dec 2nd.

Good luck with it. From what I could hear in that video (obviously the recording... was bad ;p) they do sound pretty good.

Im slightly biased, but we'll definately put on the best show we can. Given that we only brought maybe less than 15 people to Emergenza to vote for us and we ended up with 32 votes... I hope everyone likes us and isn't giving us the sympathy/pity votes. Its great to be on stage and I absolutely love seeing people enjoy the music we have created.

we're less than a week away from the show for those who might want to attend. Not only is Eclipsed by Sanity playing, but two other old-school influenced power/thrash metal bands are scheduled:

Worlds End

Tetrarch

plus two more bands in the same night.

This will be an awesome gig showcasing some great young talent in the Atlanta area. It's on a Saturday night; it's in a safe, clean, smoke-free (and alcohol-free) venue that boasts a great light and sound system; and it's cheap! 5 bands for 7 bucks. Not too shabby.

C'mon out and cheer these young musicians on. :headbang:

If you're into hard rock and metal music be sure to check out Eclipsed by Sanity Saturday evening 11/04 6pm at the 7 Venue on Fairburn Rd. in Douglasville ... $7.00 cover, all ages NO SMOKING/DRINKING. Good Family Oriented Environment, and good music all around! :kickass:

wow. just wow. :headbang:

I realize that a Christian owned and operated venue with no smoking and no alcohol policies wouldn't be many folks' first choice to go see a metal show, but I tell you what - you missed a great show if you weren't there.

And not just Eclipsed by Sanity... but Tetrarch with their female shredder and Worlds End with their dual guitars... all blew the roof off of The 7 Venue tonight.

And hopefully Sean will back me up on this, but Eclipsed by Sanity - with this being only their second live performance - have truly found their confidence on stage. I was very proud of the entire band, and not just Patrick. Although it was cool to see my son owning that stage, the whole band rocked! Their lead guitarist Val can shred like nobody's business. All I can say is Jeff Loomis had better watch out. :Smug:

ok friends, next Saturday night Eclipsed by Sanity will be in a little place on the northside of Kennesaw (Hwy 41) called The Warehouse, along with two other Emergenza bands who advanced to the next round - Before the Blackout and Vitriol. So if you can make it out to see this show, please do. These kids are damn good, and they love performing for you.

:D

pics from Saturday's show:

Allen 'Val' Wood on lead guitar
Patrick Parris screaming metal
Val headbanging and shredding
Zakk Sherrer holding down the bottom end, while his brother Jeremy keeps the rhythm on guitar.
Patrick and Zakk headbanging
the Sherrer brothers - talent runs in the family.
Daniel Rutherford on the drums - the master blaster!
Val - he plays guitar so good it hurts!
Val - even Jacksons aren't safe
Daniel - pounding metal!
Eclipsed by Sanity rocking out :kickass:
Patrick owning the stage
Zakk thumping like a madman
Val singing along to Aces High
Eclipsed by Sanity finishes their set to a cheer of "more, more, more!"

their next show...

WarehouseBannerNov11small.jpg

don't miss it - BE THERE!!! :headbang:

Yeah everyone that was able to come out and support some TRUE LOCAL METAL, thanks a ton! I look forward to seeing more of your faces in the crowd later on in the future and hopefully THIS SATURDAY. I really can't say enough about the people that were at The Seven Venue. The crowd was phenomenal and it was good to see that the younger people haven't forgotten about TRUE METAL.:headbang: