EDGUY: Media Policy

Stevo

Coming soon...
Aug 20, 2001
Redcliffe, Queensland
For those who wish to:

Take Photos:
- Must be approved by organisers. A photo pass is needed.
- For Enter Twilight, Dungeon & Vanishing Point:
Email dungeon@earthcorp.com and state why you're
taking the pics and who for.
- For Edguy:
Must also be approved, and only allowed during first 3 songs.
Email dungeon@earthcorp.com for details.

Take Video:
- Must also be approved by organisers. Permission is needed.
- For Enter Twilight, Dungeon & Vanishing Point:
Email dungeon@earthcorp.com and state why you're
taking the video, who for, and why.
- For Edguy:
*** Strictly Prohibited ***.

Any people entering without media passes may see their media device confiscated until the end of the night.

(on behalf of Metal Warriors, Melbourne)

No,they are rockstars from overseas with a larger sense of importance about themselves cos they are touring our little nations.

I don't like edguy much. The only reason I'd go is to see Dungeon and Vanishing Point.

I kinda wish I WAS an Edguy fan, we dont get many metal tours here so it would be good to go, but my sense of apathy when it comes to Edguy is quite large.
Dungeon is going to blow them off the stage if they arent careful ;)

Does seem a bit excessive for the pics and stuff, why would they care if someone videos it? Its only going to be hardcore fans there anyway!

Dammit, there goes my master plan of making millions from selling a bootleg copy of their show to commercial television.

Maybe next time eh.

hmmm

so I can't take any video footage for Ultimate Metal.com then?

Actually I wouldn't anyway. I offer to do stuff like that for bands and most of the time they don't even bother replying to my emails...

When MY band(s) play live, photos, videos etc will be actively encouraged! Exposure is a good thing, right?

Yeah, we also like to see people there with cameras and DV cams, but the only thing that we stipulate is that we get good copies of the DV tapes (pref. the tapes themselves, at least for long enough to get the footage digitised) so we can use them later...

Some "amateur" footage is awesome - we used a heap of it in our last (now shelved) clip!

But I can see why Edguy's management would insist on tight media rules, it's damn hard to control what will ultimately happen to the footage / pics that people take and it "could portray them in a bad light or be used to infringe copyright" or something...

This isn't really relevant.... but I just thought I'd share my excitement about Saturday, and the fact that I am more excited about seeing Vanishing Point and in particular DUNGEON than Edguy, even thuogh its so rare for a band of Edguy's callibre to come here.

Because:
a) I can sing along to Dungeon and Vanishing Point, hardly know any Edguy lyrics
b) I can't imagine that Edguy would have even half the energy or spirit live that Dungeon do hehe, and considering the venue, it isn't like Edguy are going to have like the big stage set and effects to set themselves that far apart from the local bands anyway, I think Vanishing Point at their last show pretty much used The Espy stage to about the best it can do in terms of lighting and effects and all that, so considering that VP's show will probably be just about as professional as Edguy's, and I know VP's songs better and like the band more, I think I will enjoy their set better than Edguy's heh.

Sorry but I think it's GAY! No offence to anyone who might actually be gay, of course. But you're even allowed to take cameras to the BIG DAY OUT! I can understand the no videos rule, but the 'photos during first three songs only' is just plain, well, dumb! Nevermore, Cathedral, Strapping Young Lad and Entombed never bothered with such silly guidelines, and they're bigger tahn Edguy will ever be.

So anyhow i have never heard of this Edguy mob the name sounds like a so-cal pop punk mob..so i ask what do they sound like??? is it worth trackin down an album of thiers?

Originally posted by Goreripper
Nevermore, Cathedral, Strapping Young Lad and Entombed never bothered with such silly guidelines, and they're bigger tahn Edguy will ever be.

Thats they are actually good bands, as opposed to edguy,who are boring.

I only have two Edguy albums (well, one and a burned copy of another) and they're OK. "How Many Miles" is a great song :) Wouldn't have gone to see them if I was still in Oz and they played a Brisbane gig, though, unless Dungeon were supporting!

Hehehe I can't wait!!!

Southy: They are kinda cheesy, majestic sounding Euro power/speed metal.

The 2000 re-recording of The Savage Poetry is their bes album in my opinion, followed by Vain Glory Opera and Mandrake.