SYDNEY
Ph. 02 9299 4233

OR

Mailorder from: METALASSAULT@msn.com.au

Price: $30

Get in quick. Tickets are limited.

Tour Package Specials:
MetalWarriors@bigpond.com
May 11, 12 (Both Melbourne shows) $55 p/p (save $8)
May 9, 11, 12 (All 3 shows) $80 p/p (save $13)
* Tour package includes free colour tour poster

I'm goin to at least 1 of the Melbourne shows...

I heard that the2nd show is at the Corner now, is this right?
I don't know which show to go to if I only go to one, I guess I'll go to whichever all my friends are at so I'm not standing by myself hehe.

There's a few pretty cheap places to stay around Melbourne. That way you don't have to drive home the same night.:)

I stayed at a place which was a 5 minute walk from The Palace in St Kilda when I saw Megadeth.

It was $80 for the night, which isn't really cheap I suppose. But if you split it with a few guys it turns out alright.
I'm sure there'd have to be some cheaper back-packer hostels nearby too.

Shit, driving from Geelong can be a bitch. So I could only imagine how annoying it would be from Bendigo!

The Corner gig sounds fairly low key compared to the monster metalfest the night before - heaps more bands and a much bigger stage, but if you wanna get up close and personal with Edguy, the 2nd night will be the way to do it! :)

Lots of great bands on the bill for both nights though! It's a shame that Crimsonfire isn't on there somewhere, though - those guys are definitely one of the best bands of that type in the country!

If you can make it down for a gig, man, do it - it's not often you see so many good bands on the one stage all at once! (As well as Dungeon! HAHA!)

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
I'm not that bigger fan of Edguy (although "Avantasia - Metal Opera" is great!). I would be going more for the support acts. :headbang:

Have you listened to Mandrake yet? It is MUCH better than Theatre of Salvation or Vain Glory Opera - it has a less 'Euro Power' sound to it, and ends up being a little darker. :eek:

I'm biased though because I think Avantasia is one of the best metal albums of all time. Basically, since you like Avantasia, you should like Mandrake, and that alone will make the concert worthwhile. :)

Tobias Sammet sounds exactly like Bruce Dickinson too - I'm sure he must realize it since their similarity is uncanny.