Edguy to tour; Into Eternity/Susperia support

September 24 - St. Paul, MN @ Station 4

I'm so excited, edguy was fun as hell live, into eternity is clearly awesome...and i just bought susperia's 2004 release yesterday, and I'm really enjoying it

Once again no NC dates. NC really gets shafted on metal shows. I would love to see all the bands on that bill. The only one I've saw live is IE.

Wow I listened to the songs there earlier and they weren't bad but I didn't realize the vocals were done by a woman. Everything was alright except the vocals.

haha,trying to outdo Arch Enemy,I suppose. She has been called the female Tomas Lindbergh once:lol:

I'm a really big fan of Light This City. Check out their latest cd entitled "Facing the Thousand". I think any fan of melodic death metal in the vein of At the Gates will appreciate that album.

Don't get me wrong, I'm bummed Susperia dropped as well, but the tour isn't coming close to me. I enjoy Light this City more than Susperia in all honesty though.

I think there's one band I did forget to mention that's also on this tour, Echoes of Eternity, ever heard of them?

I suppose they're like Epica or Leaves Eyes..

I think there's one band I did forget to mention that's also on this tour, Echoes of Eternity, ever heard of them?

I suppose they're like Epica or Leaves Eyes..

Echoes of Eternity has some solid songs. I wouldn't say they are like Epica or Leaves Eyes though. To be honest, the Echoes Of Eternity cd is pretty half and half for me. When I first heard them, I really liked them a lot, so I ended up getting their cd for a decent price. I really enjoy about 3 or 4 songs on the disc but the rest just never seemed to catch my attention. If anyone's interested in EOE, I would recommend checking some of their stuff out on myspace or something first because I was a little disappointed with their album as a whole.

just checked out light this city's myspace... and wow they are so ... generic. its like another arch enemy or something. no offense but i love melodic death metal, but this isn't anything different or new. i mean generic isn't necessarily bad, but it is just boring for me. vocals have little pitch too.

I really like susperia and I'm sad they can't do it. besides, i don't see how Light This City even fits with edguy? maybe into eternity, but edguy?

just checked out light this city's myspace... and wow they are so ... generic. its like another arch enemy or something. no offense but i love melodic death metal, but this isn't anything different or new. i mean generic isn't necessarily bad, but it is just boring for me. vocals have little pitch too.

I really like susperia and I'm sad they can't do it. besides, i don't see how Light This City even fits with edguy? maybe into eternity, but edguy?

I understand what you're saying. Personally, I think with the number of bands that come and go, its kind of hard to be original...Light this city just appeals to me more so than the majority of generic bands.

As for them supporting Edguy...maybe Edguy just wants to draw different types of fans to help establish a wider fanbase...maybe? I dunno, I was under the impression that Light This City were not that big at all so I'm not sure how many new fans they will bring to an Edguy show.

well of course they wanna try and expand their fanbase, but they are a power metal band. last i checked power metal and death metal don't blend so well as far as the generic bands.

and i can definitely understand why LTC can appeal to people even though they are a generic band. my first thought was how awesome they were, then i listened to the other songs and got bored.