Electronic music- Your opinions

Did you know that he spent one year of intense work creating "Gesang der Junglige"? He had to cut and splice tapes together, several kilometres of tape in fact, to create the quadraphonic effect the original had. Stockhausen is awesome. The father of electronica...

Wow, I did not know that. It's amazing what people have gone through for the love of their art. No wonder the mainstream has lost respect for music these days.

O.k I only know of mainstream elecra but I've never had the desire to delve deeper because I don't care.

It's the same thing with metal, say to somebody you like metal and they'll say 'oh limp bizcit or Marolyn Manson?', so electra isn't the only music to get a bad rep by the mainstream.

I love electronica and my favourite artists in the genre are Bjork, Massive Attack, and 3D Guru.

SilentRealm said:
eh im not a fan of the electronic music.. its mindless to me. but if i feel like going to a club n dancing, then of course i cant do that to metal.. but that rarely happens anyway.
Coming from someone who only listens to one band, this isn't surprising. You're thinking of techno/trance/house music. Electronica is not dance music.

Mindless??? A large amount of electronic is so much more creative than Symphony X (flame away) that is would probably blow your mind.