Epica Suggestions

Start with this one:

B0002MHE0U.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Zod

nightwish58 said:
The first Epica disc, in my opinion, is far superior to their second and latest release. The melodies just seem to be much more memorable to me.

I'm the exact opposite on this opinion. :loco: I really liked the 1st one when I heard it between bands at PP when it first came out, but the 2nd one I find myself listening to more and more.

Well, they've got the death metal growlies on all of their albums I believe. That's Mark Jansen's style. The same is true of After Forever. However, there aren't those types of vocals on all tracks. Consign to Oblivion has the following:
Hunab Ku - A new Age Dawns - prologue (instrumental)
Dance of Fate (Simone & choir)
The Last Crusade - A New Age Dawns - 1 (Simone & choir)
Solitary Ground (Simone solo)
Blank Infinity (Simone & choir)
Force of the Shore (Growlies, choir, & Simone)
Quietus (Simone & choir)
Mother of Light - A new Age Dawns - 2 (Simone, & growlies mixed in with choir)
Trois Vierges (Simone, Khan)
Another Me - In Lack Ech (Simone & choir)
Consign to Oblivion - A new Age Dawns (growlies, Simone and choir)

The choir parts may have some growlie in them in almost all cases, but I can't be sure (except as noted above where it is really obvious). So on CtO, there are really only two songs where the growlies are prominent. It's a damn good disc IMHO. I'm not a huge fan of the growlies either.

WE WILL TAKE YOU WITH US
digibook version hardcover...
1 DVD 1 CD.....
DVD contains.. full setlist.. played in a rehersal room with a live symphonic, also some interviews, the making of.. and 2 oficial videoclips...

General Zod said:
Start with this one:

B0002MHE0U.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Zod

Well, if you are saying After Forever is better than Epica I must disagree. For someone who is unfamiliar with both bands, I listened to about 10 samples from each band and from an artistic, production, and personal view point I would choose Epica over After Forever. Again, that's just my opinion and thanks to all who suggested their thoughts on Epica.

Azrael LenGraden said:
Well, if you are saying After Forever is better than Epica I must disagree. For someone who is unfamiliar with both bands, I listened to about 10 samples from each band and from an artistic, production, and personal view point I would choose Epica over After Forever. Again, that's just my opinion and thanks to all who suggested their thoughts on Epica.

When you hear After Forever's Invisible Circles we'll talk. It's not even fair dude, After Forever CRUSHES Epica in every sense, and I am a big Epica fan!!! Listen to the whole album and I'm positive that you're gonna love this band!

Also, try the new one Remagine, my 2nd favorite!

Now back to the real topic, I love the Consign To Oblivion album by Epica. Try that one!

But don't forget After Forever. I didn't care for the band before and I thought Epica was better... I still remember those days! hahaha

No one is saying After Forever is better than Epica... not until now... Yes, I do think AF is better than Epica. It's just my opinion.... different bands, different vocals..... different music. You can't really compare. AF's music, and *VOCALS* are more my style. I hate too much choral, and too much of the "lyrical" stuff. And some of the "old" AF is not my thing as well.....

And for Epica.. I'm not saying I hate it... I do like some songs. :)

IceQueen_ said:
No one is saying After Forever is better than Epica...

HEY!! I was!!!

So from now on you ignore what your own boyfriend says? Huh... I see... lol

*Keeps an eye on IceQueen_. Literally*