Essential Industrial Metal

Skin Chamber haven´t been mentioned yet so I´m mentioning them. They are more essential than most of what has been mentioned already imo.

Skin Chamber are great, but they're far from accesible. There's something about Godlfesh that probably anyone could get into.

Baroque - Neurotech is great! After hearing them the first time a few months ago, I spent hours trying to find other artists similar to them.

My fav for industrial metal would be Nexus Inferis:

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHE-seRNpfc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHE-seRNpfc[/ame]

Here's a newer industrial metal band that's pretty good, called Substance Black. Inspired by bands like Fear Factory, Sybreed, SYL, and Mnemic.

Just started checking out the KMFDM pandora channel and this shit is fucking killer. I need some more German industrial metal so have at it!

Rammstein is obvious and I need more of their stuff.

Once again Mort is way off with his genres. I forgot about how removed he is from reality.

Fear Factory is most definitely classified as industrial metal. And yes, Demanufacture is one of the best albums in any genre of metal.

This genre mostly sucks ass, but...

Aborym
The Amenta
Blacklodge
Blut aus Nord (in b4 genre faggotry)
Control Human Delete
Die Krupps
Dødheimsgard
Godflesh
Iperyt
Killing Joke
The Kovenant
The Monolith Deathcult
My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
Mysticum
Revolting Cocks
Samael

Hey I was wondering if anyone could recommend anything similar to early Swans or some of the stuff off Scorn's first album.

If you haven't heard them yet, then you might like the two Justin Broadrick projects "Ice" and "God". Mix of industrial, experimental, dub, jazz etc.

He did specify Industrial Metal not just Industrial.

And that's just your opinion, look up the industrial metal wiki page, KMFDM was a founding member of the industrial metal scene, and Ministry, really? I thought it was common knowledge they were industrial metal.

Industrial metal is quite the discordant mutant genre, for industrial music especially the kind Throbbing Gristle made was really a kind of anti-rock where the guitar was being played by woman! and she was usually sitting on stage.
As we move on to industrial metal, pioneers like Godflesh and Ministry, they were propably aware of the industrial roots (btw. Throbbing Gristle founding member Peter Christopherson directed a music video for Ministry in the 90s) but most of their "acolytes" just added the machine to their metal without much interest towards where it all came from.

Anyway here's one recent industrial metal recommendation:

Studio diary of upcoming record: http://statusabnormis.tumblr.com/tagged/diary
:devil: End of self promotion. :devil:

Here's a very obscure band from Phoenix, Arizona, Nihil. They Sound quite a bit like Godflesh.

[youtube]watch?v=CeAvDH0NIm0[/youtube]

[youtube]watch?v=TJRvEiOPdvw[/youtube]

Warm Gadget is a really really good newer Industrial Metal / Rock band.
3Teeth and Youth Code are sooo good too.
Godflesh is probably the all time best though