European tour with Slipknot

How many songs do they play if they headline? 12-15? Every time I've seen them they opened or was second and played the same amount of songs (5-6) and thats that. If we see them twice and they play the same songs (exception of one or two) then we heard 10-12 songs. I've missed them the last....two or three times because of that. If you see them during a headline...well thats around the same number of songs...different songs I bet.

Fuck sake guys, be open minded about this..
You can't hate cob for going on a tour because YOU don't want them to.
Seriously what the fuck? I don't hate Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold or Slipknot because they're playing at Leeds with other bands that don't interest me, and to be honest neither should you. I realise that none of you like A7X, so don't post about that.

I've seen Machine Head already, along with Trivium, Arch Enemy, Dragonforce and Shadows Fall. I don't listen to Shadows Fall much, BUT I STILL FUCKING WENT BECAUSE OF THE OTHER BANDS.

Stop being a fucking loser and be happy for these guys. Cob like Slipknot and Machine Head inspired a fucking generation of metal so they all must WANT to be on tour together. :err:

I don't have problem cob touring with slipknot, I have problem cob not doing European headlining tour. Last time they did club tour in Finland was February 2006 iirc. I'll skip this tour, if it even comest to Finland, simply because of the slipknot fans. Slipknot music I can ignore, their fans are harder part because audience is rather big part of concert experience. But obviously I'm not entitled to complain so whatever...

^ really?:confused:. Well, I guess they'll do a headline tour in 2009 cuz they would have done everything ! (gigantour, european festivals, australia/new zealand/japan, US headline tour, european slipknot tour...).

^So will I, but last time I saw them I paid 21€ and got a headlining gig, and now I'll pay more than 40€ to watch a ridiculously short opening set.

Fuck sake guys, be open minded about this..
You can't hate cob for going on a tour because YOU don't want them to.
Seriously what the fuck? I don't hate Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold or Slipknot because they're playing at Leeds with other bands that don't interest me, and to be honest neither should you. I realise that none of you like A7X, so don't post about that.

I've seen Machine Head already, along with Trivium, Arch Enemy, Dragonforce and Shadows Fall. I don't listen to Shadows Fall much, BUT I STILL FUCKING WENT BECAUSE OF THE OTHER BANDS.

Stop being a fucking loser and be happy for these guys. Cob like Slipknot and Machine Head inspired a fucking generation of metal so they all must WANT to be on tour together. :err:

I don't have problem cob touring with slipknot, I have problem cob not doing European headlining tour. Last time they did club tour in Finland was February 2006 iirc. I'll skip this tour, if it even comest to Finland, simply because of the slipknot fans. Slipknot music I can ignore, their fans are harder part because audience is rather big part of concert experience. But obviously I'm not entitled to complain so whatever...

There you go. I agre 100% with Miia except the part of going to the tour. She lives in Finland where they get much more Bodom (any of us will ever see a club tour whereas they sure will in Finland, or at least did until AYDY), but here in Spain is not easy to get them, so IF the tour comes here (we've been sikipped by all major tours, including Unholly Alliance which I would have loved to go) I will go there.

But I am really dissapointed because I was expecting a headlining tour, because when they come with Slipknot, they will have already headlined USA, Australia and Japan, but Europe once again will have to wait.

^ really?:confused:. Well, I guess they'll do a headline tour in 2009 cuz they would have done everything ! (gigantour, european festivals, australia/new zealand/japan, US headline tour, european slipknot tour...).

Of course they will do it, but we expected it for 2008 Autumn, not for 2009 Autumn.

I agree it's a weird combo, but I think it will be good for the band. Bodom is a lot better than Slipknot musically for sure, but Slipknot is a bigger name simply, b/c of their USA sales. I think this will be good exposure for bodom despite what a lot of people think about Slipknot musically. Bodom has been doing their music just as long as Slipknot if not longer, and they hardly get props for it in America. Maybe this will show people how good bodom is compared to a lot of music in America.

I met Joey a few times during his Murderdolls days and he was very nice to everyone. Most bands seem to have a good time touring with Slipknot. I just don’t think it will be all that bad for the guys. For us bodom fans: most likely musically painful. Just don’t stay for Slipknot or stay and bitch about how much they suck I enjoy doing that! :loco:

I do want to say one good thing about Slipknot. They are great with fans. Unlike a lot of bands they spend a lot of time connecting with fans before and after shows. A little more than I can say for some of the members in Bodom. Speaking from personal experience that is. I’m sure I will catch hell for this comment, but I oh well. :Smokedev:

^I think the main complaints are:
1. We european fans thought that after headlining Japan and Australia, our time would come and we'd get a headlining tour. But not only they come as a fucking open act but they also go and headline the states besides Gigantour, so we european fans get the crap of the touring calendar, a fucking opening act tour.
2. Blooddrunk came after touring with Slayer and LOG and came out pretty thrashy and hard, so I think some people is afraid next COB can become nu-metal. I don't think that myself, cos solos+nu metal isn't a usual combination, so I don't think they'd go for it, but if they were for it, maybe nu metal just needs cool solos to be cool, :lol:

But main claim is nº1, about 90%.

I don't think anyone has to worry about them becoming nu-metal. At least I hope not! :erk: I do understand about being upset about not headlining. I mean them being from Europe you would think that would be the first place to headline, but I guess that's not their thinking for w/e reason. Also since you guys have been their major support system compared to America. I agree with you on that. There is this American punk band I like and they never headline here in the states, but always in Europe so I can for sure understand the frustration from the fans point of view. I say send major complaints to them saying WTF are we not good enough anymore!? :mad: I doubt it would help though. :(

First we must ask ourselves the ratio of Slipknot fans vs Bodom fans at the shows. Im badass, but not that badass! If you lead the revolt the rest of us will have your back. I swear on my honor :Smokedev:

First we must ask ourselves the ratio of Slipknot fans vs Bodom fans at the shows. Im badass, but not that badass! If you lead the revolt the rest of us will have your back. I swear on my honor :Smokedev:

Slipknot fans would destroy you. Seriously :lol: They are pretty wild, from the shows I've seen they are fucking intense.... actually insane. :loco:

^ I agree. I was being sarcastic. I've been to a shit-
load of Slipknot shows and had my ass handed to me by their fans each time who were actually being pretty calm in comparison to some shows my friends had to leave, b/c of how insane their fans get. So, if have anyone's back it would be more like waaaaaay fucking back. Like down the street and around the corner as I sit in bar drinking whisky. I prefer to fight battles I know I can win! :headbang:

I heard of this too, seems to be everywhere. I'll go, not so keen on Slipknot but I'll go.

^:lol::lol::lol: That'd be nuts. Imagine a whole venue screaming: Slipknot sucks! We want COB back on stage!!!

:lol: *now wakes up from sweet dreams*

^ I agree. I was being sarcastic. I've been to a shit-
load of Slipknot shows and had my ass handed to me by their fans each time who were actually being pretty calm in comparison to some shows my friends had to leave, b/c of how insane their fans get. So, if have anyone's back it would be more like waaaaaay fucking back. Like down the street and around the corner as I sit in bar drinking whisky. I prefer to fight battles I know I can win! :headbang:

Bah I'm not afraid of emo kids, :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, dunno at your town, but COB has been the most brutal gig I've been to in terms of fans, and I've seen Slayer, Destruction and Vader too, so it's not that I'm comparing it with Nightwish crowds :lol: