EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Mikael on SonicDeath

Hellion

All Life Ends
Jul 1, 2001
England
www.sonicdeath.co.uk
Hello fellow Opeth fans...excuse the blatant plug but I thought you might be interested to know that SonicDeath have an exclusive interview with Mikael...feel free to pass on the link to fellow Opeth fans.

Clicky Clicky!

Cheers.

EDIT - the interview was not by me, but by another SonicDeath reviewer, Alex. He posts on here as STINKFIST.

Oh, also, on a reasonably related side note, I've just uploaded what I think is a pretty exclusive review of the new BLOODBATH album - I've not heard the full length myself, just the samples, but if it's anything like Breeding Death or what the samples suggest, shit I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I´m guessing 50 days on the studio take it´s toll...

Nice interview, man...

Thanks for using some of the questions that we (the fans) wanted to know about. Found a lot of things interesting that Michael said: He's been working on this material for 2 years? That's a great sign in my book! Also he's confirmed that it is going to be quite heavy. You also got him to give us the song titles... nice job. Only 5 songs... that's a great sign in my book too... I'm really looking forward to these two releases.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by changso
I would like to know why the recording was so utterly unpleasant to him? :confused:

Imagine one phrase of a composition...imagine playing that OVER and OVER again until you get it just how you want it. Then times that by at least ten to make one Opeth song. Then times it by 6 to get a whole album!

I would imagine something like that...would drive me nuts. Also, hearing the songs over and over again would make you sick of them. I think that's why he wants to get the recording experience out of his head before he listens to it.

Originally posted by Hellion
Imagine one phrase of a composition...imagine playing that OVER and OVER again until you get it just how you want it. Then times that by at least ten to make one Opeth song. Then times it by 6 to get a whole album!

I would imagine something like that...would drive me nuts. Also, hearing the songs over and over again would make you sick of them. I think that's why he wants to get the recording experience out of his head before he listens to it.

Indeed but this time, it seems to be in a higher level compare to the previous records!

when i was in jazz band we went to a recording studio and i have to tell you, just being in a studio for one day was grueling enough. you have to play the songs until you are sick of them and then some! actually, i can't even imagine being trapped in a studio for 50 days! i'd die!

SD: Are you planning on working with him again, maybe as a side-project?

M: Hell yes!

HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! HELL YES!!! v

Cheers Hellion! Great interview!
Geez louise, Mikael sounds like he and the band need a holiday to Australia! :lol: