Extol

I think a lot of people would actually like this band a lot if they would just look past the religious issue and just listen to their music. Cool music, cool guys... all I have to say...

Outstanding band, not too well known because of their religious views but hopefully some people will stop being stubborn and just enjoy their music. Hah, I read an article in a magazine that said they were once lined up to open for Old Man's Child but OMC refused to play a show with them because of their beliefs. It's amazing that this band upsets so many people in the metal scene.

Idiosyncratic Synergy said:
Outstanding band, not too well known because of their religious views but hopefully some people will stop being stubborn and just enjoy their music. Hah, I read an article in a magazine that said they were once lined up to open for Old Man's Child but OMC refused to play a show with them because of their beliefs. It's amazing that this band upsets so many people in the metal scene.
Geez, that is kinda pathetic.....

Extol's new cd Synergy is pretty good too. Nice chord passages, and some melodies that you dont usually hear in metal too much.

it doesnt annoy me that they are christian. Maybe it would if i paid attention to the lyrics... otherwise, it can be appreciated on the same level as religious church music (classical :p ), which has a beauty apart from its otherwise prescriptive nature

Idiosyncratic Synergy said:
Hah, I read an article in a magazine that said they were once lined up to open for Old Man's Child but OMC refused to play a show with them because of their beliefs. It's amazing that this band upsets so many people in the metal scene.

Wow...I expected that from a true black metal band, not a pseudo black metal faggoth band. At least if OMC were remotely black metal, there'd be some sort of consistency there, but otherwise that's just asinine ignorance.

I havent heard about them till I got their new cd a few weeks ago. First I was really curious to hear a Norwegian christian band ;) . And I was impressed... they play really good music. Now the only thing is left to do for me is trying to get their previous albums.

Yeah said:
Wow...I expected that from a true black metal band, not a pseudo black metal faggoth band. At least if OMC were remotely black metal, there'd be some sort of consistency there, but otherwise that's just asinine ignorance.
Um, I see the only person being asinine and ignorant is you. People have beliefs, and when others don't share those beliefs people may tend to disagree. Old Man's Child supports anti-christianity, so why the fuck would they play with a Christian band? How is that so ignorant, if anything it is the complete OPPOSITE of ignorance. They are completely aware (note: aware, not ignorant) of the fact that Extol have different views than them and they don't want to be associated. How asinine... :rolleyes:

I've heard one song from the album, and it blew me away. I guess there are a lot of "tr00" metalheads around who are thinking angrily "Why oh WHY does the band have to be Christian??"