Extremly round nails

Plendakor

Oct 30, 2010
Am I the only one with extremly round nails ?
The 4th finder is like a perfect demi sphere from 0 to 180 degrees.

It used to cut in the flesh and make pus.. that was like impossible to play guitar
Doesn't show the other edge because I'm holding the camera but it goes deep.
VogienBC

My point with this thread was more to know if other people had this problem where sometimes it would lead to a total disability (like impossible to play a show because of this until it's healed).

Dude I seriously considered seeing a doctor before, or something, to have some skin/flesh removed on the sides lol

My ring finger's nail is kind of round, and the fingernail on my index finger bends downwards a little. I used to have to straighten them a bit when I played classical guitar seriously, otherwise I got a bad tone out of the two. The most recommended way for straightening is to heat up a teaspoon on top of a candle flame and bend the nail with that, go figure :lol:

Another uninteresting tidbit related to my nails, is that the white part of the fingernail starts way before the edge of the flesh on my middle finger and ring finger, so I have to grow them significantly longer to be able to pick with them.

My ring finger's nail is kind of round, and the fingernail on my index finger bends downwards a little. I used to have to straighten them a bit when I played classical guitar seriously, otherwise I got a bad tone out of the two. The most recommended way for straightening is to heat up a teaspoon on top of a candle flame and bend the nail with that, go figure :lol:

Wow, I can't believe someone else actually knows this. I know a few players that do this.

Given your knowledge I'm going to assume you know how to make a good sound on a classical guitar. I don't think I've ever come across someone in the metal scene who gets it. Usually when I hear classical guitars on recording from non classical players it sound like shit.

I don't think I've ever come across someone in the metal scene who gets it. Usually when I hear classical guitars on recording from non classical players it sound like shit.

Randy Rhoads playing Dee on Ozzy Osbourne's Blizzard of Ozz record sounds beautiful to me.

I believe you'd need a minor surgery followed by some kind of a finger caste; anesthetics and analgesics to keep you zonked. What does your doctor say?

Your nail seems to have grown accustomed to that shape somehow. Get well soon.

Thank you, that was very interesting. Never really gotten into classical guitar before but that was quite beautiful and I see now what you mean about the sound.

Thanks for sharing.

I smashed my thunb earlier this week and need to drill in the nail so that the blood can escape.. been stuck there for like 5 days and the pressure is annoying. :(
I think it was the day before the picture above, but it took time before getting a bruise under the nail.