EZ Drummer: Multichannel in Cubase 4 Ess.?

decoys

Mar 16, 2009
Germany - Munich
Hey guys,
my first post indeed and already need your help here.

I run Cubase 4 Essential. When I import a midi-drumtrack, I connect with Ez Drummer. it works fine so far.

So here's my question:
Does anyone of you have experiences, if multichannel outputs in the EZ Drummer's Mixer work with Cubase 4 Essential? I wanna replace and edit the separate channels of EZD.
To me, it seems like it doesnt, .. also can be that I'm to dumb to manage it.
When i choose multichannel on either of the EZD tracks in the mixer, all i got to hear through the monitors then is the bassdrum, located at track 1 there.
The Cubase mixer doesnt change after that, contrary to this tutorial i watched on youtube.

In case, that this feature just doesnt work in Cubase Essential, what would be an easy and cheap possibilty to multichannel the drumtracks then?

hope you can give me a hint.
thanks so much!
x

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if that feature works in C4 Essential but in case it doesn't create multiple instances of EZdrummer, make a MIDI file for every drum/cymbal and route each to one instance of EZdrummer. Not a very cool solution but I should do what you asked for.

hey,
hm, i hoped i could prevent these kind of actions :) yeah, i will check, if it works like this! thank you

What u need to do is enable multi output from ur VST instrument window (F11) and it will automatically route EZdrummer drums tracks into Cubase.

Click on the icon at the extreme right next to the 'e' button. Activate all Outputs.

What u need to do is enable multi output from ur VST instrument window (F11) and it will automatically route EZdrummer drums tracks into Cubase.

Click on the icon at the extreme right next to the 'e' button. Activate all Outputs.

great. that works!
unfortunately, i got another problem along with that. with all tracks in the cubase mixer now, i dont get any sound through my monitors and no amplitudes in any of the channels. will i have to route the outputs another way?
im sorry, i am a real recording noob ...

jesus, i went through all these points:
MIDI track > EZD > EZD outputs > Group tracks > audio tracks

... and got stuck at the last step, when choosing the groups as audio inputs, which isnt possible ... :/

edit:

i now exported the single snare, kick, etc as wav. files and re-imported them in new audio channels! works now!
:)

thanks guys!