Fans in the UK - want your opinions

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Hello everyone - I've started a thread over at RC about the "demise of metal" and I'd really like to hear the opinions of what the UK fans think about what's going on, even with the recent surge of Internet communication, the metal scene still seems to dwindle....

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112799

In particular, where the UK might have started metal (NWOBHM) for the most part, I'm very curious to hear your thoughts.

Symphony - hope you don't mind me soliciting some of your forum readers for 5 minutes!

JayKeeley said:
Hello everyone - I've started a thread over at RC about the "demise of metal" and I'd really like to hear the opinions of what the UK fans think about what's going on, even with the recent surge of Internet communication, the metal scene still seems to dwindle....

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112799

In particular, where the UK might have started metal (NWOBHM) for the most part, I'm very curious to hear your thoughts.

Symphony - hope you don't mind me soliciting some of your forum readers for 5 minutes!
Of course I don't mind mate.....it's a good topic for discussion

Thanks - I guess I'm always trying to figure out what's going on in the heads of fans just so we can help in any little way that I can.

The sole purpose of running a webzine is for nothing than to support a scene and to help it grow. We do it for fans and bands alike!

Bah...I saw 46 replies on it and didn't feel like trawling the backlog >_< Maybe another day :)

What's interesting is that some fans prefer for no growth whatsoever of the metal scene, thinking it's better left as is and that creativity would be lost otherwise.

Likewise, when you just about get 2000 people at an event like Bloodstock, it becomes rather shocking to say the least - especially with what history the UK has in metal.

To a degree I like the music scene as underground as it is. But I do get pissed off with all the travelling to get to a gig, especially midweek. It's a shame that the 2,000 or so hardcore UK metlars don't all live within a 20 mile radius of each other.

From a band's perspective it must be very grim to play your heart out to a handful of fans.

The debate goes on and on and on and on