Farmakon lineup change

Windom Pearl

HUGGY!!!!
May 31, 2001
Tampere, Finland
www.farmakonband.com
As written on our webpage news section:

After 6 years of playing together Farmakon part ways with guitarist Lassi Paunonen, without any dramatics involved. No replacing member is planned at the moment. The third album, carrying a working title "Syan", will be composed by the remaining trio. Second live guitar will be handled by Kim Wirzenius.

You cold, heartless bastards...

But okay then. I'll stop being sad if you release another album this year. Deal?

Actually an acoustic EP would be awesome. Then again I'm a Farmakon fanboy so I'll say that whatever you do, even if it's utter shit. Which it won't be. But, you know.

You think you have it? Good gods, man, I didn't get where I am today by thinking I have things.

And if so, just write some new AWG-esque songs. Call them things like "Rockery", "Fog", "Similar" and "Most Certainly Not Of Amoebas In Any Way Shape Or Form".

Naah, I'm pretty sure there was the regular "No recording these songs for another label during next 5 years"-part. I think we have that one in the new contract also.

That 5 years is almost past now. Besides, Guardians of Mankind recorded Gamma Ray songs which Imperiumi records published with the permission of the writers and label. I'm pretty sure something could be sorted out. At least we should ask Lee or something.

Hmm.. Let me add some pointers:

1) I want absolutely no contact with Earache
2) All the publicing rights to the songs are theirs anyway, making a real MCD for sale would benefit them.
3) However, making acoustic versions to be released unofficially in internet.. why not :heh: I don't think they'd care anyway.
4) Then again, if we'd make official acoustic versions only of Robin songs (+ maybe a few new originals), we'd have all the rights for them and we might benefit something out of it.

Hmm.. Let me add some pointers:

1) I want absolutely no contact with Earache
2) All the publicing rights to the songs are theirs anyway, making a real MCD for sale would benefit them.
3) However, making acoustic versions to be released unofficially in internet.. why not :heh: I don't think they'd care anyway.
4) Then again, if we'd make official acoustic versions only of Robin songs (+ maybe a few new originals), we'd have all the rights for them and we might benefit something out of it.
You could always record a kind of double-EP thing, release the Robin + new songs as one paid-for EP and do an unofficial online release of the AWG songs as a second EP with a Paypal account set up for if any kindly souls wish to make a donation to the band, especially since the proceeds of that would go straight to you and not a label/distributor... but maybe that's too much hassle to do.

So, Lassi leaves Farmakon... barely a mayfly's lifespan later, Peter leaves Opeth, the band from which Farmakon stole all their ideas... I smell something suspicious. Out with it, boys.