Favorite Live Metal Album

Thoth-Amon

Hypochondriac
Apr 4, 2006
This is sort of a sequal to my "favorite death metal album thread" (don't worry I'll drop the theme after this post). So what's yours? Mine is:
Slayer- Live: Decade of Aggression. Just total freakin' aggression from start to finish, all classic Slayer. This was in fact my introduction to Slayer circa '93 so it also has nostalgic value for me. All right your turn. :kickass:

Motorhead - No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith, or Iron Maiden - Live After Death...

back in the days when Live albums felt raw and exciting. As far as Slayer goes, I far prefer Live Undead to Decade, mostly because I prefer the short, sharp shock nature of the record (although I'm aware some ppl won't want to call it a true live album)

Thoth-Amon said:
This is sort of a sequal to my "favorite death metal album thread" (don't worry I'll drop the theme after this post). So what's yours? Mine is:
Slayer- Live: Decade of Aggression. Just total freakin' aggression from start to finish, all classic Slayer. This was in fact my introduction to Slayer circa '93 so it also has nostalgic value for me. All right your turn. :kickass:

Yeh thats a pretty sweet one
Ive always liked Live shit Binge and purge from metallica - the 89 show rocks as

also, Rammstein - live aus berlin :headbang:

:kickass:

B00005B1EX.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

My opinion on this is Pantera's live cd. 101 proof is a one fucking killer cd! I have never heard, and never will, so damn good live cd. It has everything, Anselmo's speeches, hard riffs.. And of course the music. Anselmo once said that their show is one thing, it's vulgar display of power. And that's exactly what it sounds, and seems like.

I have 2 favorite live discs:

Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East
Kiss - Lost Alive II (Bootleg)

(Not an actual release, but their series of shows during their first visit to Japan were recorded for Alive II, but the performances were deemed insufficient for release. :rolleyes: I don't know what they were thinking, though as the performances have all kinds of energy. Anyway, the sound is close enough to Alive II that many people think that they actually did use some of these performances for that album. It sure sounds that way with the audience.)

yeh, decade of agression also gets my vote.

unleashed in the east, live in leipzig and the iced earth one are also supposed to be very good, although ive never heard either. ive been meaning to check live in leipzig out for a while actualy.

Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East
Black Sabbath - Past Lives
Saint Vitus - Live
Candlemass - Doomed For Live
Blind Guardian - Tokyo Tales muthafucka

Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East
Ozzy/Randy -Tribute
Iron Maiden - Live After Death