• Svidd Neger

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

NFU

I like pie.
Jan 9, 2002
Southern California
www.myspace.com
whats your favorite Ulver release everyone? please post your pick as well.
this doesnt include the first decade in the machines album, rarities or splits...mainly the releases most ulver fans would probably have.

I don't know at this point really. At first, it was Bergtatt by a landslide, but then I bought Perdition City and it was tough for me. Now, I'm really starting to get into Lyckantropen Themes. I think it rivals those two for my top spot even. Until I actually get the album though, I can't say (The few MP3s I have will have to suffice until I actually find a copy).

Hm, it's really close between the first four releases, but i've chosen bergtatt, since it's creating the most gloomy & haunting atmosphere.

Btw, how's Marriage of Heaven and Hell like?! I've heard that it's less electronic than the subsequent ones...

I only have their first 3 albums, but I vote for Bergtatt.

It has the most variety of the 3 + it just plain and simple is one of the greatest albums of all time, not to mention it doesn't sound like a vaccuum like NM :)

Note: Not considering Vargnatt an album (In reference to me having first 3)

definitely Kveldssanger. This is the most beautiful folk-rock album i have ever heard. and with great awesome voices of Garm. As i said Kveldssanger is the best. I was never able to find any release at least close to this one (considering all the bands not only Ulver of course). Bergtatt and Themes are also nice. I hate Metamorphosis EP.

Perdition City. I'm only a fan of the electronic stuff and Kveldssanger. Perdition City is one of my favourite albums ever, and STYHTS, STS, Svidd Neger and AQoM are all quality releases. Looking forward to the new album.

Well I only have Nattens..., Kvelssanger and Themes... and I like them all about the same. They are all so different its hard for me to compare them. I guess I'd have to say Kvessanger just cuz I listen to it more then the others...