Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Damnation

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Watershed

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters
Probably Ghost Reveries has the greatest production, but MAYH has my favorite production...it adds so much to the atmosphere of the album.
I also like the raw production of Orchid and Morningrise.

Would you vote MAYH for most mellow album too?

I voted MAYH.
I never realized how loved Ghost Reveries is.

Not really, anyone that tolerates GR period and realized this wasn't just a "favorite album" poll would have voted for it. Sadly, you do a "favorite album" poll and for some reason GR isn't destroying SL and MAYH

The last two Daylight Dies albums were self produced as far as I know, and engineered by their bassist, Jens did mix them however.

As for the poll, I voted Watershed for it's 5.1 mix.

Oh, I didn't realize we were going just for producer credits (sorry).

I agree with Junges about Deliverance. The overall production sounds flat and thin to me, and a tad lifeless, even compared to Damnation (which has quite a bit of air and full sound to it). I don't even think the Deliverance sound is that heavy or brutal.

Oh, I didn't realize we were going just for producer credits (sorry).

I agree with Junges about Deliverance. The overall production sounds flat and thin to me, and a tad lifeless, even compared to Damnation (which has quite a bit of air and full sound to it). I don't even think the Deliverance sound is that heavy or brutal.
No I don't think anyone else is, I just get anal when it comes to the producer / mixer lingo, as I see it get mixed up all too often on audio boards; no worries. :p

Looking at the poll again, I realize I should have voted for Damnation anyway, what was I thinking?

I'm the only one who voted for Deliverance???? It has a very evil and powerful sound, especially in the distorted guitar tones. It is not the clearest, but everything fits together; tone + notes.

Deliverance is not quite my first but no where near worst. It's my 2nd favorite Opeth album but I like the production on Ghost Reveries and Blackwater Park more. Also, for guitar tone, Orchid is pretty high on the list actually.

Someone needs to explain me how Watershed is better than Blackwater Park! I'm astonished. But to me, Ghost Reveries, Blackwater Park and Still Life are pretty much the most complete and excellent albums Opeth have done. Voted Blackwater Park, though. Bests songs ever, all classics to me, and the best sound they've ever had!

Orchid : Too different, not well structured.
Morningrise : Advanced-Orchid with pretty much only good tracks.
My Arms, Your Hearse : Long album with not much content, only few songs are worth it, and it's musically nothing exceptionnal.
Still Life : Big improvement, nice story, nice "old" sound, very diversified.
Blackwater Park : More daring version of Still Life, better and clearer sound. The revelation album for Opeth, I think.
Deliverance : Dark, brutal; even though the songs are long, you pass through them quite fast, they're kinda repetitive sometime. Straightforward album.
Damnation : Totally disconnected from the rest, great album and songs, but it doesn't represent Opeth really.
Ghost Reveries : Some version of Still Life, modernised, with the Devil and keyboard. Fresh album. Also diversified. This is probably where many of the new fans started to like the band.
Watershed : Strange sound, different, new guitarist, drum, great songs but cheesy by moment. Clean vocals are put forward. Maybe more experimental album.

AND NOW I'm just reading the thread and realised that it was about the PRODUCTION; how blind am I! Well I still think Blackwater Park has the best production, so my vote isn't biased.